My first grow is starting to go downhill!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BuickBud98, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Hey guys, im having an issue with my first grow where the bottle leaves and some mid leaves are starting to turn yellow! They are three silver bullet auto plants, in organic pro-mix soil. I have been feeding them Dr.Earth home-grown organic ferts every two weeks. They have been fine, up until now, this started happening two days ago and its spreading fast. The plant it is the worst on has always looked kind of a lighter shade of green than the rest of the plants. They are a few weeks into flowering so I know they arent already dropping leaves as they would during late flower. The pictures are kinda blurry but you can see the issue and see the bud size for age referance. Also, what kind of yields do you estimate, if you wish to take a guess? The website said they ranged from 75g-150g outdoors but it doesnt look like it. Thanks for looking guys, any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! GEDV0134.JPG GEDV0135.JPG GEDV0136.JPG GEDV0137.JPG GEDV0138.JPG GEDV0139.JPG GEDV0140.JPG GEDV0141.JPG GEDV0142.JPG GEDV0143.JPG GEDV0144.JPG GEDV0145.JPG GEDV0146.JPG GEDV0147.JPG GEDV0148.JPG GEDV0134.JPG GEDV0135.JPG GEDV0136.JPG GEDV0137.JPG GEDV0138.JPG GEDV0139.JPG GEDV0140.JPG GEDV0141.JPG GEDV0142.JPG GEDV0143.JPG GEDV0144.JPG GEDV0145.JPG GEDV0146.JPG GEDV0147.JPG GEDV0148.JPG GEDV0134.JPG GEDV0135.JPG GEDV0136.JPG GEDV0137.JPG GEDV0138.JPG GEDV0139.JPG GEDV0140.JPG GEDV0141.JPG GEDV0142.JPG GEDV0143.JPG GEDV0144.JPG GEDV0145.JPG GEDV0146.JPG GEDV0147.JPG GEDV0148.JPG

2. looks like lack of food which could be your feeding or the wrong ph...run a gallon of 1/4 strength nutes through them and check the runoff ph ...it's probably low...if so then adjust the intake ph to compensate so that the final runoff ph is 6.5 to 7.2 ...for soil....OR because your in soil you can flush it out with a hose actually ...run 3 times the size of the pots through it ...BUT make sure then you correct the flush by adding regular strength nutes AND MAKE SURE THE runoff ph is in range ...I'd go with option a ..it's easier and flushing with low dose nutes is better than plain water Because it doesn't fluctuate the cation ratio to much....plain water will do that leading to deficiencies.

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

3. Hey man thanks for the reply. I fed them yesterday though, twice this week actually after I noticed the issue , but I will try flushing and feeding again. I will have to wait until my dad gets home to use his PH tester though.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Is the soil Dr Earth also? I tried that soil for my first grow and it didn't really work out. People do have success with it but I had 3 plants sprout, one died and the other two I probably could have saved but they were really stunted. I just pulled them and got some fox farm soil and started anew.

5. No, the soil is organic promix. Everything have been fine until now. A previous responder thought it was a nute deficiency or bad ph, but I have been feeding them regularly so I dont think its a nut deficiency, but im new to this so I could be wrong.

6. it's a deficiency CAUSED BY Wrong ph...

if the right amount is always available you'll never have issues.

if the right amount is unavailable you will have issues.

if the wrong amount is available you will also have.lockout due to excess of another element...either way the fix is the same...

reset the cation ratio by doing what I said AFTER you confirm your ph drifted off probably down

GFP

7. I understand now, I found a way to test the ph using vinegar and baking soda so im going to test it now. I just went up to collect a soil sample and its like they are getting worse by the hour. The guide said that if the vinegar added to the soil fizzes, the soil is alkaline. It also said to add baking soda and water to another sample, and if it fizzed, its acidic, does that sound right to you?

8. Okay I just did the test, the vinegar one hardly fizzed at all, the baking soda one fizzed slightly more than the vinegar one, so that means my soil is too acidic of the test of accurate/correct?

9. um no...you need to be more exact than Dumping kitchen stuff on the dirt and guessing.....get a real soil test kit OR JUST TEST THE RUNOFF until you've run enough (counter balance) ph nutrient solution through it.....6.5 is the first number andn7.2 the last....anywhere aside from that and problems arise. BUY AN ec pen and an ph meter while your at it...word of the wise

GFP

10. Alright sounds good man, when my father gets home I will have him show me how to test for all that stuff, he has the proper equipment. Hes a great gardener and has been helping with me my plants.

• Like Like x 2
  11. cool good stuff let us know

12. Good morning! The ph test was fine, they all are sitting at 6.8 and I think that is acceptable. Could it be a magnesium deficiency?