My First grow (Hydro, CFL, Purple Power)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by tughillnut1, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Hey everybody! I have been growing my own MJ for the past 4 weeks. I havent really created any threads, so here it is!

I have the Stealth Hydro bubblepponic system
    2 CFLs: both 65 watts and 3,400 lumens. one is warm white and one is daylight.
    I have been using the nutrients that came with my system. I dont know the PPM of the solution, but I know the pH is just under 6.

They have been vegging since nov 1, so thats 3 weeks and 5 days. I dont know the sex of either plant yet. should i start 12/12 lighing? Should I let them grow some more? They are getting close to 16" now. Any thoughts would be appreciated! :ey:

I have tried a bit f LST on these plants. If you look closely at the pictures, you can see that i tied the top of the plant down to the side. I am seeing som VERY good side growth from my purple power plant. The free seed doesnt have many side branches on the lower half of the plant. it starts to branch out further up and they just form a canopy with the rest of it.

2. I forgot the pictures!!!!!

pic 1 is a top view
    pic 2 is the purple power up close
    pic 3 is the random free seed
    pic 4 is the free seeds side view
    pic 5 is free seed close up

Attached Files:

3. bump... anyone with any thoughts? So far i think its going good. I just dont kno when to start flowering. I was going to put them into 12/12 today so that I could detect the sex. is this right?

4. you need more light thats why side branching isnt going as fast as you like, you can speed that up by either adding more light or fimming the tops of the plants.

so far looking good for not knowing what your nutrient solution is... what brand nutes is it??? all in one sort of thing?

yes you can put it under 12/12 now if you like to find out what sex it is and weed out the unwanteds from there if you want to grow them a little bigger you can switch back to 16/8 or if you want to flower just keep it under the 12/12.

5. Nice!

am still in the first grow myself, but I would switch them to 12/12 as well, 18" is gonna end up being a lot taller by the time it's all said and done

geez, hydro is so much faster than soil!

Your veg time is almost half of what mine was to hit that height...

do you like that hydro tub? Saw one just like it in ebay, reasonably priced but am wondering if the roots are too close together or does it not matter?

(can you still remove each basket fully or are they starting to get tangled?)

6. IMgreen, Yeah, these guys really shot up VERY quickly. I feel as though I paid too much for this tub. I have stealth hydro's kit. you can find it on their web site. I like it, but i think i could make something the same if not better than this for cheaper.

I am only growing two plants at the opposide sides and opposite corners. It has room for 6 plants, but I thought to try it out I will only grow 2. I had tried germinating 6 seeds, and only 4 took, the other two plants died early. This is what I have left. When I changed the resevoir the first time, the roots were pretty much bigger than the plant. they werent tangled a week ago, but I havent checked under there lately.

Dierwolf: i dont know the brand. it came premixed in a baggie that was labeled Grow. I used half the bag and now I am using the other half. I have other packets labeled bloom, for flowering.

7. you an make that kit for exactly $15 bucks here locally... :)

1/2 the bag??? boy hope it was a small bag LOL.....

how often are you changing the water with only so little nutrients?

8. there's some on ebay I am considering, one of them cost 55w/shipping for your choice between 4-8 baskets so I might go that route seeing how fast it is compared to soil

90 for their's does seem a tad high, but hell to cut a month off of a grow is worth the $$ so don't sweat it!

:)

wonder how much it would cost to just build a four basket bubbler

I am thinking it is not going to be all that much lower than $50 for parts, but would be fun to build

9. I'd like three of them please!

:hello:

10. The whole bag is to be used for when you use all 6 baskets. I started with 3 so I used half the bag in a 2 week period, then i changed the water and scrubbed the bin. then I added the rest of the bag. The cd's that came with the kit explain everything for me, but they dont talk about flowering and things like that.

looking back, I wish I would have made my own system. How much light is needed? I have 130 watts and a total of 6800 lumens.

11. bump. I added another bulb. its a 65watt COMPARABLE CFL. I am unsure on the actual wattage of the bulb. its a warm white color. i have another daylight of the same size i am going to use, but I have to take it out of the ceiling light!!!

12. thats hella fast...i think i need to lower my lights more x_X

i'm trying out the 4 basket one, except i got the small 6 gallon and the other 10 gallon.

on the small one, the roots are tangled, i have two per resivor. works pretty good tho, roots are fuckin long. only problem i get is i gotta have my roomy help me when i change the resivor water.

i get a huge huge laundy basket, fill it up to the top and set it out for a few days with a cover...then get the ph and nutrients right, get a pitcher and have it ready nearby. get friend to hold the plant top lid while i swoop the resivor and dump it out, then i use the pitcher n scoop until good and lastly, pick up the laundry basket n finsh the job.

13. Mr. IMGREEN, i had a thread a while back showing how to make bubble tub with 4 or 6 plants, it had full material list and cost and came up under 40 bucks.

link (regular bubble bucket page one, bubble tub page 3 and onwards ==> http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/77780-bubble-bucket-home-made.html?highlight=bubble+tub

All you need is :

rubbermaid tub with top : here cost $9.50
    2 small 10 gallon air pumps $ 12 bucks each or a 20 gallon pump for $18.50
    2 airstones or wands $3-4 bucks (its expensive down here cheaper in the US)
    you can get net pots on ebay 10 bucks for 25 of them or make them yourself like
    i did out of chinese take-out soup containers 100 for 6 bucks :)

i made mine with 2 pumps feeding into an air manifold from a fish tank running 6 stones (one under each net pot/soup container :) )

Hope to have helped.

14. here are some pics to save time.

Attached Files:

15. DierWolf,

Why do I get the impression you're (or were in a past life) an engineer!

Nice post on the bubble tub!

When my next round is ready to be cloned I will definatly go with something along those lines!

Thanks for the link

:)

16. LOL i am an engineer.

Have my degree and practice :

Architecture, Mechanical Engineering (HVAC), Fire Protection, Plumbing, Electrical

and you cant leave out the multitude of toys i've ripped apart and put back together from the time i was 3 :)