my first grow ever

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by siliconebody, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Hello, 
    two weeks ago I started my first weed grow. The plants have been sitting in a pc growcase I've made myself for 12 days now. I'm using 150W hps lamp, with a bubbler and DIY CO2 system.  The temps are ~27C (80.6F). Could you tell me if everything is allright? One of the leaves got weird holes in it.
    I want to use scrog, but you do it during the flowering, right? Should I lst for now? What else technics can I use to make the most of it? Croping, fiming?
    I'll be really greatful for any answers. 

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      652.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      657.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      632.9 KB
      Views:
  2. hi, it has been 36 days since the first sprout. Could some more advanced growers tell me if everything is allright. The flowering light cycle started at the day 14. 

Attached Files:

3. The ScrOG screen is used when vegging to keep all the growing shoots at the same height allowing for some extra veg time without the extra height. It also keep the canopy very even.

When flowering you allow all the growing shoots to come through the screen at the same time giving you a thick even canopy

Your plants look good though, what nutes are you using? And what is your EC/ppm? You have a little light colouring at the tops, you may be a little mg deficient, but certainly nothing to panick about

4. Hello GoldGrower, thanks for the reply. Sadly, I don't have an EC tester, so I can't give you the numbers. I'm only testing the PH, and trying to keep it at 5-6. I'm currently using General Hydroponics floraduo grow and bloom. This week i've introduced biobizz TopMax flower booster. This colour that you mentioned showed itself last week, when the lamp timer broke off, and the plants got an extra 12 houres of light. The vents turned off (during the night they are working only 15 minutes every hour), so it got very, very hot in the box (maybe 50 celsius!). Next day two of the young leavs were very light :^(. Also after that night the main flower lost most of its "hairs" (as shown on the photo, the second picture shows the main top of the second plant). Will it be allright?

Today I found out that the very tips (like 1 mm) of some leaves are brown. Should I do something about it?

Attached Files: