My First Grow Diary

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bozie, May 30, 2013.

1. So photo update time and a lot to be updated on.

We have a box yay!
    1371156414017.jpg
    1371156427235.jpg
    Not finished, wiring to do to fit lights and fans and gonna need to make a carbon filter as well. Will update on progress of this.

Plant time.
    1371156537465.jpg growing nicely if I do say so myself.
    1371156576975.jpg branching really starting to come through
    1371156615574.jpg think its really gonna pick up now

Lights.
    As you well know I managed to get a 30w light and I know have my socket for my other 20w so in total I'm gonna be hitting 70w which for now will be fine I think really want more but running on a very low budget makes it hard. So far investment spent a grand total of £35 so to be fair I think I'm doing really well.

2. Just a quick photo update 1371313316798.jpg my fully finished box

1371313346814.jpg and my baby in its new home

Will update on plants progress later

3. Proper update time
    1371323907164.jpg as you can see growth is going good. I have no measurements of height yet but will look later
    1371323975839.jpg my node growth is coming out beautifully and I gotta say I'm very impressed with its progress
    1371324040207.jpg a nice close up of one of the node growths in total I have 2 on first node 2 on second and what appears to be 4 on third where I topped it or fimd ill know for sure when it grows a little more.

I also now have a thermometer and I'm running at 78f which I'm happy with as the room its now in is a constantly cool

4. I have also started with a lst method, using loosely tied fishing wire and electrical tape to fix the other end of the wire to the outside of the pot itsel. I'm hoping for a bit more light to penetrate through the foliage and increase the growth of the branching at the node sites.

Will upload pictures at some point tomorrow (uk father's day spending some time with my wife and kids)

if we all had a smoke, we wouldn't need war

5. Great job, and insight too. So how are you getting yours to grow long? I'd say our plants are a week maybe 10 days apart....yet mine is short and bushy. How can I make mine taller like yours?

the first few weeks are just painfully slow growth

7. I'm not sure to be fair this is just how mine has grown. You could try move your lights away a bit to make them stretch up to get more light. I think mostly it depends on the strain.

8. the first few weeks are just painfully slow growth
    </blockquote> I have noticed as time is going on growth has speeded up I'm guessing its to do with root growth

9. 1371467242743.jpg 1371467256567.jpg
    As you can see I have pulled my plant over to the side its took it well no slow growth its carried on at normal growth level and in the second picture you can clearly see by doing this my lower branches have started to grow more and I've switched over to 12/12 now.

Partly this is due to it being bagseed and not knowing if its female or not (everything crossed) and partly due to time restrictions. I'm going on holiday in 2 1/2 month and don't wanna risk all my hard work going to waste at the last minute. Will keep updating as to sex and growth as normal but we are now In the most important and exciting stage.

Getting all fluttery already!!!

10. Oh forgetting I've got a thermometer and my temps have settled around 80f 26c

11. Temps :- 80f - 26c

Flowering day :- 1

As expected no change at all as far as flowering.
    Growth has still continued at normal rate. 1371582384294.jpg as you can see i have removed the line for the lst as stupidly I used fishing wire and it looked like it was about to cut in.
    1371582495559.jpg Im thinking its going to try and straighten up hopefully it'll keep the bend foe light penetration.
    1371582628416.jpg in this one you can see the bend clearly and the lower branches are growing quite fast due to this bend. That's why I'm hoping it stays.

12. Temp :- 80f - 26c
    Flowering day :- 2

No real change
    1371733708055.jpg as expected its started to straighten up again but bend is still present 1371733764972.jpg
    Overall growth wise its still growing at its normal pace no sign of sex just yet

13. 2 updates in one day you lucky buggers (birthday yesterday)

Temps :- 80f 26c

Flowering day :- 3

1371747786688.jpg no signs of sex as yet. Growth seems to be building at the top quite quickly had to adjust my lights 2 days in a row
    1371748055074.jpg as you can see the fim/top did not work and has continued to grow so just going to leave it like that and see what happens as I have got a foot or 2 space above now.
    1371748180725.jpg I'm not to sure what's happened here but if you can see, the branch split just under the node. Although it hasn't done anything bad to the plant it just seems a little strange.

14. SCROG them....   looking good,   but you could be looking amazing.  the plants will bend over with a 2'' squared mesh very easily.  It is essentially super cropping without hurting the plant.  When you bring the main shoot of any main stem even horizontally with the main stalk, ALL of the internodal shoots will turn into main tops as well as the original main top turning skyward towards the light.  I am by NO means suggesting bending them @ soil level...  That would be a potential disaster.  about a third to half way up the plant should be fine.  You can find the perfect mesh to SCROG with at any Home improvement store.  They sell it in pretty big pieces. Get creative!!! You can just set up a wood frame with nails spaced every 2-3 inches and tie cotton twine or insulated electrical wire into a grid pattern.  It sounds a LOT more complicated then it is.   The plants will literally take a day or two to shift their growth back in the direction of the light.  This method is all about spacing the main tops apart for better light and air penetration...  Checkout my SCROG journal.  Let me know if you have any questions.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1222084-coco-coir-400w-scrog-setup-cali-meds-day29-check-out-ladies.html#entry18237464

Much Luv from CA!

15. I am amazed at the amount of info in that comment alone thank you

16. Temp :- 82f - 27c

Flowering day :- 4

1371852151514.jpg
    No real difference today just a little taller, as normal. Although seems like the major growth is in one main area over night.
    1371852302820.jpg this fan leaf was the first proper leaf that came through. I'm wondering if to remove them, let more light get to the branching underneath. 1371852494975.jpg thinking if to lst or not still, if I do what's the best material that causes less stress from cutting?

17. ok so today I woke up went to my bathroom and it stunk of weed. went downstairs and into my washroom (clothes washing room) and it stunk. then into my shoe cupboard to get my boots on ready for my day and guess what. yes that's right it stunk lol. all these rooms have one thing in common. they are all connected to my loft hmmm think its definitely time to build a filter lol

18. Temp :- 80f - 26c

Flowering day :- 5

1371932385932.jpg
    Still nothing to report growth wise had to adjust the lights a little as was starting to get close.
    1371932534130.jpg side action shot lol its looking healthy and coming along nicely.

Filter update I got some activated carbon and made one. 1371932699450.jpg just need to plumb it in and done.

19. 1371938721537.jpg and done.

20. Woke up this morning and no smell at all. Its worked. Stay tuned for an update later