My first grow! Any and all advice welcome

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by whackyac, Mar 30, 2016.

1. So this is my first grow. I have one plant currently vegging under 6 23w CFL's in my closet with a light schedule of 24/0 and I have 3 other seeds germinating currently. (1 La Diva auto, 1 California Snow auto, and 1 Cash Crop auto) I also have a Strawberry Kush seed in the mail that I am going to germ once it gets here.

I have a 4x4 grow tent that will have a 400w HPS light in it, but my light wont be here until tomorrow! Super excited just hoping I have enough to manage heat. The seedling that I'm currently have vegging is around 2 weeks old (sorry Im starting this grow journal 2 weeks late!) I have kept up with pictures since day one though so you guys wont miss anything. All advice is welcome. I definitely need some guidance.
    IMG_7655.JPG IMG_7668.JPG IMG_7703.JPG IMG_7731.JPG IMG_7742.JPG IMG_7752.JPG IMG_7704.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. So I got my 400w HPS light today. The temps are staying between 77 and 79 for right now. Hopefully it will stay this way. IMG_0790.jpeg IMG_1494.jpeg IMG_7167.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  3. Love your setup man. Plant looks good too. I'll definitely be watching your grow, I'm currently in my first grow and I started about two weeks ago also! Your setup shits on mine but it will be cool to compare and contrast our plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  4. Awesome! I just subscribed to yours.

5. I have dimmed the ballast to 50% and the temps are staying at around 75 now. I had 3 seeds germinating in cups of water but my cat knocked them over and I didnt realize for like 10 minutes and they started drying out. I transferred them quickly to pots right when I saw them. Hopefully they make it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have dimmed the ballast to 50% and the temps are staying at around 75 now. I had 3 seeds germinating in cups of water but my cat knocked them over and I didnt realize for like 10 minutes and they started drying out. I transferred them quickly to pots right when I saw them. Hopefully they make it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. So these are all the pots now. Just waiting for the seeds to sprout.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Should I start LST now or should I wait for that?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Having some temp spikes to 81 degrees. Not sure what to do about it. Have a new 8 inch inline coming in tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Perfect time to start lst how old is she? Also try to get both those bottom nodes exposed, i started lst a little too late my first two nodes didn't grow much i only exposed then in my recent lst

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

12. After your fourth node top her. Also did the other seeds start?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Will do, am I using LST correctly? And I'm not sure I will have to check today. Last night I didn't see anything

14. No, the seeds haven't sprouted yet today

15. Looks fine but I would counter that first bend with one pulling in the opposite direction. This way the stem goes straight up then bends over. Not sure if it helps make anything better I just do it to keep things neat. But you're looking great!

First LED/Coco Grow/Perpetual - Barneys Farm, Dinafem, Nirvana, Serious

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks!

17. It's not absolutely necessary to top her if you do good lst

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

18. I may not since my tent is 7 feet tall.

19. Got a new CFM Pro 8 inch inline fan today. The decibel rating is 54. It's really quiet for an inline fan. I like it
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. It's 720 CFM and my grow tent is only 112 sq ft. I may get a fan speed controller

• Like Like x 1