My First Grow... Am I Off To A Good Start?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OwnyJony, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Greetings grasscity community, I have been reading so many great post on this website in the past weed that I decided to get in on the action.  I made a little grow room under my basement steps, I installed a taotronics 45x 3 90w light.  I got the light from some guy on craigslist for a sack of danklicious treats.  Pretty damn good trade in my opinion?! I also have 3 40 watt cfls around the sides of the grow area.  I put white sheets up on the walls and white sheet from the bottom of the stairs to the ground to form a nice grow box.  I currently have a bag seed that just sprouted chilling under the leds.  He is planted in some organic potting soil I got from the Mennonite nursery. lol The guy who sold me the light claimed he had a bunch of good feminized seeds left over from previous grows, he claimed they were sour diesel.  I figured id offer him 10 bucks for the 7 seeds he had left.  That way if they are seeds from his last bag of schwag I wont be too disappointed.  I soaked 4 of the "sour diesel" seeds in water for 24 hours then planted them 1/4 inch down in promix bx,  I put a humidity dome over the 4 seeds and they are hanging out in my grow room off to the side.  I am hoping to get 2-3 good plants out of these 4 seeds and if not I have the sk1 seedling growing which will keep me busy until I get new seeds, that being if these don't grow.  He gave me the seeds in a little plastic vile that was hot glued together. I plan on using promix bx as my medium for the grow. 

Any comments, tips or thoughts on my noobish setup would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jonah

2. Pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Pics

Attached Files: