My first grow. 400 watt hps/mh

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by thatsnickle, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Alright everyone this is my first grow. I'm using a 400 watt hps to flower right. I'm using am armiour for my grow space with the light on yo Yos to adjust. I'm going to be getting a carbon filter soon but for now I ha e a home made system set up for the time being. I'm going to get pictures up so soon as possible. Now on to be little lady. She's beautiful is have to say. I received the plant from a kid I meant at a music festival.... I helped him push start his truck. What a weekend. Either way its an unknown strain. I had two but one was a Male. I'm 12 days into flowering and I believe she's coming along just well. I guess ill get pictures of everything up soon and all feedback would be great. -that snickle

2. #2 thatsnickle, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010
    Alright everyone, I took some pictures today. She's looking beautiful. I hope they upload because I'm using my blackberry. Please leave feedback.....

[​IMG]
    Day 1 of Flowering
    [​IMG]
    Day 7 of Flowering
    [​IMG]
    Day 12... TODAY
    [​IMG]
    My Box
    [​IMG]
    Inside
    [​IMG]
    The light... 400 watt HPS in right now.
    [​IMG]
    Top View
    [​IMG]
    Close Up
    [​IMG]
    Mid Growth

..Lemme No Whatcha Think!!

3. It's looking good, but how far are you keeping that light from the tops of the plant.

The nodes are looking just a tad bit spaced out and the plants seem like they are reaching for the light.

Getting the light as close as you can without burning the plant will make your yield MUCH greater !

Good luck !

4. I have the light about 18 inches or so off the top. When she wakes up ill lower it and see how it works. Thanks for checkin it out. I plan on keepin it up to date with pics every few days.

5. If anyone has any advice about trimming her up that would be great.

6. back off on your fertilizing. I can see the beginning on N toxicity (dark green leaves with leaf tips curling down).

7. Alright here is a picture i took today. Its really coming along. Have have about 6 different spots on the plant that look like this. Enjoy. Dont forget to leave some feedback.

[​IMG]

8. nice festival pickup:D

looking at your pics has me wondering what sort of temperatures you're able to maintain.
    ?

9. I actually keep it around 78-81 during the day. At night it srops to about 72 because of the AC being cranked in my house. Im about to order a carbon filter and fan setup soon. Also gunna mount some intake fans. This is pretty much a trial run for the real thing. :) Its going well though. Thanks for checking it out.

10. She looks great :hello: as far as trimming goes you have so much light in there i dont know how much it matters, wut u can do ez is just tuck the big fan leaves below some of the branches to get their shadow off of lower bud sites. Some people say if a fan leaf is blocking a site, they chop it (to a point dont overdo it if u plan on this.) hope i helped!

good vibes :smoke:

11. Alright everyone. Ive been at work ALOT this weekend and my little girl payed the price. I noticed some of the lower leaves turnin[​IMG]g yellow, and some others wilting just a little. I went ahead and removed the lower leaves and installed another fan inside to keep the air moving. The buds are starting to form. I took some pictures, here is one. Enjoy. :)

12. Alright everyone. Sorry its been a a minute since ive updated this. Today i finished installing the vent fan. Ill post some pictures up. Ill take a picture of my baby in the next few days and get it up here. Tell me what ya think!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. put a carbon scrubber on the end of that fan and your all set.

14. Hey man - looking great. Two things:

1. Thanks for the pics, I've got a similar cab sitting flush up against the wall, looks a bit funny with the vent duct coming out the back though...lol. Gonna angle the SOB like you did!! Super obvious but I never gave it much thought lol

2. How loud is that duct fan? How many CFMs is it rated at? I've got a vortex 4" fan right now, pretty loud...but it moves a ton of air!

15. Thanks for checking it out. @ Ogre Im planning on putting one on in the next week or so. And Bottles the fan is 80CFM. Its not to bad noise wise because i keep a box fan going in the room. You can hear it thats for sure but it seems to be moving a shit ton or air so i dont really mind. If i had to i could just turn it off to be "stealth" for the time being. Going to be getting the carbon filter put on soon. Im glad its all coming together good. Keep coming back and ill keep everyone up to date. -ThatSnickle

16. Wow awesome stealth cabnet man! I'm wondering about that duct fan... Did u have to wire a cord on it or did it come with a cord?

I'm just about to order one but I'd like some feedback on how difficult it's gonna be to get it up...

I'm still staging my grow right now, I'll be getting my 400w light within the week :metal:

17. Just a suggestion, don't wast your $ on a carbon filter. One plant isn't going to stink up your house. Unless you plan on doing another multiple plant grow in the future I would save the money.

18. im surprised they arent tied down. but then again , with such a small grow you can let them branch out as they please.