My First Grow: 4 Strains - 27 Plants

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by obd1vr, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Hey there what's going on all....

I'm here starting my first grow ever and my plants just don't grow fast enough! ;-) Comments are welcome and would love to know everyone's thoughts.

I bought 4 different strains to start, all were seeds and were germinated.
    5 x Northern Lights x Buddha
    5 x Juicy Fruit x Northern Lights x Skunk
    10 x White Rhino
    10 x Kings Kush

I think that only 1 out of my 30 seeds did not germinate...all the others looked great when they went into the rockwool cubes. Lost another 2 that didn't grow into sprouts within about 2 weeks after going into the wool. Ended up with 27 seedlings.

Ok, let's get down to business here is my setup:

Veg/Flower Room:

7' x 12.5' Space
    600W Lumatek Digital Ballast
    Adjust-A-Wings Medium Reflector and Socket
    Running 600W MH @ 24hrs
    4 inch Inline Centrifugal Fan
    Charcoal Filter
    Digital Auto Heater
    14" Ped. Fan
    Humidifier
    Black/White Plastic all round

The Strains:

5 x Juicy Fruit x Northern Lights x Skunk (Not femmed)
    5 x Northern Lights x Buddha (Not Femmed)
    8 x White Rhino
    9 x Kings Kush

Seedlings were put into rockwool around Sept. 13-14th
    Sprouts were planted into soil around Sept. 28-29th
    Pics are from Oct. 10th about 11-12 Days in soil now.

The Nutes:

Using all GH products. Following the Expert Drain to Waste program. So far so good. Might have nute burn on one of my plants but other than that most looks healthy and growing like crazy. FloraMicro, FloraGro and FloraBloom is what I am using at the moment with SuperThrive thrown into the mix.

That's about it for now. Better pics to come soon...hopefully tomorrow.

2. Ok sweet seems that my post was finally approved by the admins and I can now post some pics on this one.

A little update as of 10/17/11:

Have added another 600W HPS to my setup.
    Lost 2 more plants that I thought were going to come through...no such luck so am now down to 25 in total. 5 lost from the original 30.

Now for the pics...hope you enjoy! :D

1st set are from Oct. 2nd, 2011.

Attached Files:

3. Ok 2nd set of pics now from Oct. 9th, 2011.

Attached Files:

4. Oct. 9th

Attached Files:

5. Last of Oct. 9th :hello:

Attached Files:

6. Oct 10th....high res..not from my phone ;)

Attached Files:

7. Final from Oct. 10th

Attached Files:

8. Oct 12th...

Attached Files:

9. Last Update for now:

Using ProMix HP for all growing medium.

Plant count:

NL X Buddha - 5
    Juicy Fruit X NL X Skunk - 4
    Kings Kush - 8
    White Rhino - 8

10. damn 600w hps for 27 plants?

11. Yes I know probably not enough light. Installed a 2nd 600W light yesterday running an HPS bulb. So I have one 600W with a MH and one with an HPS.

Pics from earlier today....huge difference from 5 days ago!

Oct. 17th, 2011

Attached Files:

12. subbed. hope your light issue is fixed

13. Some More...

Attached Files:

14. Ok would love some help on a few questions from some experts out there...

Here goes:

1.) I have read all about sexing and telling the difference between male and female plants. Is it true that you can only tell once flowering has begun? If so then approx. how long after the plants go on a 12/12 cycle will their sex be evident?

2.) Could someone please tell me why the leaves on this NL plant are curling upwards so much? All my others seem to be ok maybe a tiny bit of curling on 1-2 others but nothing like the pics below. Used the same nutes and water for all plants.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

15. true, after you have induced 12/12 you will know 100% whether its male or female....just gotta check to see if you see a pistil or multiple balls crammed together.

that one plant is tacoing pretty bad, what are your temps like where that plant is sitting? ive seen this happen with heat being too high

16. usually about 1-2 weeks after switching to 12/12 you can tell if they are female or male

17. Ok...so after doing some research i'm pretty sure that my temps are too high! Like 90 degrees at plant level under the lights. I am going to raise my lights today...see what they look like in 3-4 days time.

18. yup thats probably why lol

19. Any update on the ladies? curious to see how they are doing.

20. What's up everyone...ok huge changes in the last 3 weeks now. I've been lazy and haven't posted any updates in a very long time.

All in all my ladies are looking amazing...they are huge and a little overwhelming considering I have 24 of them. Just switched over to 12/12 3 days ago and they are thriving. First signs of buds are appearing and I removed only 1 which was a male 2 days ago. Still checking all of them to make sure that there are no more males. So far it looks like all 24 remaining will be ladies for sure. A few more days should be 100% sure.

Have a little bit of nute burn on a few of the tips of leaves but nothing serious at all. Temps have come down a lot since it has gotten a lot colder outside which has definitely helped my heat situation. I actually have to run a heater now when my lights are off.

Ok so here are a few shots from my phone which were taken on Oct. 20th and 23rd.

Enjoy! Next update sooner than 3 weeks for sure! :hello:

Attached Files: