My first glass bong. Good brands?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by CheechIsChong, May 9, 2012.

1. Sup.
    I have 3 acrilic bongs which are pretty horrible to hit after realising how smooth my friends glass one was.

Im looking for some cheap but decent brands. I wouldnt be able to afford anything like a ROOR piece :D

2. SYN :]

click my siggie for reviews! and vids

whats your price range?

3. Thanks for a quick response haha!
    And between $40-$100

4. If you want cheap, I'd just get a generic tube from rxindustries or similar

5. A good glass on glass is above 100$ for sure. Anything below, and your getting china/ easily breakable glass.

But hey, w/e

6. I got a 2ft glass on glass bong from my dispensary for $40. Made locally as well.

7. If its less than 100$ and GOG its 9/10 times import glass, but you can get good basic GOG tubes from companies such as HBG, Zob, Medicali for just about 100+, so not all hope is lost...

8. Check out ssfg too. They have nice travel tubes that are in your range.

9. You can get glass-on-glass tubes from companies like WeedStar or Black Leaf for around that price (they have them on GC, if you're looking for a specific site).

A lot of people will call it "china glass" and hate on it here, but I've owned multiple WeedStar/Black Leaf pieces and they've done me just fine.

As long as you take good care of it, you probably won't have any issues. If you're constantly dropping/knocking around your glass then it might break regardless of what brand it is. The more expensive brands are just in general stronger and less likely to break, but they're not unbreakable. :p

It's especially worth considering that if you're living at home and at risk of getting your bong taken/broken by your parents, then an expensive piece probably isn't worth it anyway.

10. ^^^ Very good analysis of cheap glass

Yeah Black leaf and weedstar may be cheap chinese imitations of nicer brand name tubes, but that doesnt mean they function badly. As long as you're careful a black leaf nautilus will last just as long as an HBG Inception inline.

11. Hell, my 2 foot tall WeedStar straight tube has lasted me for a few years now, and I think it was only around $60-70 when I got it.

It's not perfect. There are a few imperfections in the glass around the joint, but that doesn't affect how it works.
    I also have the WeedStar double bubbler bong, which I just plain love. Plus a couple Black Leaf bubblers that I also just plain love. :smoking:

I think they're very much worth it for the low price, as long as you're not expecting a super-high quality piece for low-end prices. :p

12. Bingo. there isnt a damn thing wrong with cheaper glass if thats all you can afford and you can take care of it...Hell the black leaf nautilus I've seen on here is one of the best deals I've seen on tubes, like 75 bucks for an inline vaccum tube? Dude 3 years ago you couldnt even pray for something that nice at that price

13. Hell, back when I started smoking, you couldn't even find glass-on-glass pieces in any head shops around here. I actually had no idea they even existed until I joined GC.

My first glass purchase was actually a large grommet bong that I paid $110 for at a local head shop. :eek:

They have plenty of glass-on-glass around here now, but it's funny how things have changed just over the last 7 or so years.

14. SSFG is good, SYN is also good in around your price range.

15. My first bong was an ehle and it was pretty good for the price.

16. Its just not the strength of the glass that you get from spending a lot on a tube you get

-good quality control. Look at this GlassCity - Stemless 7mm Glass Ice Bong - Triple Perc - SNOB Glass/GlassCity Collab - Grasscity.com It has fucking crooked perc on the store page if they can not even find a decent tube to show on the store page what kind of shit are you going to get.

-Designs that had some thought put into them not stolen from another artist only to be reproduced worse then before. Such as that crooked tree perc now the whole tubes function will be off.

I always read people saying china glass in fine as long as you are careful sure shit could last but no reason to spend money on it when you can get a quality blown tube, high air flow slide, and diffused down stem from anywhere 100-150

Fuck just get some straight tube and a carbon filer will be much better then anything you can really get on this site.

17. Hell TS quality glass is definitely appreciated, hell god knows I own my fair share of Sovereignty/Toro/Illadelph/4.0 glass, and its fantastic and far superior to any imitation versions...however in the spirit of the thread, I think if you're spending less than 100 bucks (which you cant find a GOG straight tube and carbon filter under 100), then a Black Leaf or weed star is still hella better than a 9.5mm rubber grommet o ring tube for the same cost at an LHS.

18. ya you can SSFG dude they have tubes from 55$ really think a blower can not make you a carbon filter for under 40?!??!!?!?

19. Ok well ssfg is an exception true dat. But a carbon filter under 40 may be possible. But then theres issue of replacement carbon. Beyond that though good suggestion. Carbon filters are a good way to go, just not for everybody

20. Some people would rather spend their money on a cheap "china glass" perced bong than a more expensive, higher-quality simple straight bong (for instance).

Yeah, the quality control isn't perfect. If they were perfect pieces, they'd be more expensive, thus defeating the point. :p

And yeah, they do reproduce designs from other artists for lower quality and cheaper prices. Fine by me. There's obviously a market for it.
    There's only so many designs you can make as far as glass for smoking goes. Eventually everything will have been done already and everyone will just be copying each other.

I mean, I totally respect that you prefer higher quality pieces. But that's just your personal preference. Personally, I take damn good care of my glass and I'm fine with paying less money for a similar albeit lower quality piece.

It's all personal preference. I don't hate on people for wanting higher-quality glass, and I don't think anyone should be hating on people for preferring lower-quality/cheaper glass.

Especially if you're still in a living situation that might result in getting your piece taken away/broken if you get caught.