My first ever grow! :)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RangeCat, Apr 24, 2018.

1. #1 RangeCat, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Heya folks! Thanks for taking the time to check out my grow journal. I started germinating about 12 days ago and just decided I wanted to document the rest of this learning experience. Hopefully I'll get some advice along the way.

I'll be updating once per week. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. I am an inexperienced beginner!

My setup:
    4x2x60 ipower tent
    Kingled 600w full spectrum led
    Cheap 6 inch fan
    Small ceramic heater
    Small humidifier
    Good organic soil with compost and worm castings
    Strain: peppermint kush

I'm growing in my basement where temp has been a problem thus the heater, and my humidity tends to be around 25 if I don't use the humidifier to get it up to 50.

One of the plants is a bit of a runt, I should have helped it break out of the seed sooner(it was obstructing one of the initial leaves). But the other one is thriving.

I intend to scrog these, and will likely be needing a taller tent but I'll deal with that problem when I get there.

4-20 : moved from seedling incubator to tent and started the fan blowing on them. They were a little bit stretched
    4-25 : looking very healthy, new leaf growth, stems are stronger. Took new pictures. Still having trouble maintaining humidity. Have not dialed in the humidifier yet. Humidity low is around 30. Gets up to 50 for a couple hours with wet towel hanging. Temp is average of 82.
    4-30 new pictures. asked about stretching. full update to come in 2 days after re-potting.
    5-2 New pics! Re-potted them into 4 gallon vivosun grow bags. Watered. Added first dose of nutrients. Looking good. Can't wait to see how they respond to the nutes and new bags over the next few days.
    5-9 - They are growing very steadily and looking great! new pics posted in the next post!

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 RangeCat, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5-2
    pics to come. lost them somewhere

5-9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey Cat!
    Good Luck with your Grow

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Normal lighting helps us see ur girls better

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good call thanks! I updated my photo post with some normal light pictures from today. The pictures that look lighter had a flash used. How do they look?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pics?

7. Updated my second post with them included. Here they are again though

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. nice bright green fat leaves! looking good!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Off and running look good

• Like Like x 1
  10. Awww! Beautiful Little BabiesHappy Growing

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

11. #11 RangeCat, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    What do you all think about this amount of stretch? This happened early on, since then I have had a fan on them to strengthen the stems up and the light at proper height for over a week now.

I'm re-potting to their final container in two days, should I pot the soil a little high up on the stem to compensate for the stretching or just let them be? Thanks!

Edit: full journal update to come in 2 days once I re-pot them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. every time I try to upload my new pics it won't let me and says it's spam....any ideas people?

13. Yes . Plant it way up the stem. Roots will develop all up
    The stem. I lay them almost sideways.
    When I dig them up after the grow the have roots all over.

14. thanks for the tips all! Check out my new pics and tell me what ya think