My fellow blades I need some serious life advise please

Discussion in 'General' started by guygreenthumbs, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Hey blades, I come to you guys today looking for some very serious advice. I'm 26 and I'm married to my wife whose 24. We have a 4 year old daughter. We have both smoked our whole relationship of 10 years and it makes our lives together very fun and happy. I recently got a new job that I make a decent living with and now can get us out of debt with. Our debt is very manageable now and I even have extra income to do things we weren't able to before. I have quit smoking to make the transition into this new job and make sure I could get it nailed down. Before I would use sythetic urine to dodge piss tests but now I feel this job is too good of an opportunity to risk it... On top of that I've felt EXTREMELY guilty about jeopardizing my young daughters life by risking my job and I also feel being high makes me a bad example for her. I really want to smoke because of all the great things it does for me and my wife but I cant take the constant guilt it makes me feel. My mind state lately has been " this is what i need to do to grow up and be an adult". I've even been trying to replace it with alcohol but I absolutely hate it. Just looking for what other blades might do if they were in my situation.

2. It seems you have already figured it out.
    Live your life for your daughter now.
    Time flies quickly and before you know it she’ll be all grown up and out on her own.
    Then if you still have the inclination, fire up a bowl every once in a while as a reward for your hard work and patience while raising your daughter.
    Good thing you don’t have a taste for alcohol. It can be much more ruinous for a family than cannabis.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. It's actually a pretty easy choice. Seems like you've got good things going for you and while smoking pot is fun and all, it's not worth putting your self in a position where you could hurt your family.

You'll be alright, bro.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Maybe after you climb out of debt you can use the extra income to finance yourself to do something you enjoy and employ yourself and resume enjoying cannabis?

5. a-) you seem to demonize this plant for some reason (most likely societal pressures) which is causing your feelings of guilt.

b-) stop doing (a) and just do what you know to be correct.

c-) if once you have the job, you are not regularly scheduled for testing during employment, and you know you can do the job while still consuming, then what's to stop you from partaking once the kids are pit to bed and fast asleep?

d-) given the 'brave new world' we are living in, you may not want to hide your consumption from your children at all, but rather share/educate them about your experience in a responsible way so that they may have an example of 'responsible consumption' when they grow up?

without knowing what your new carreer is, it's difficult to respond, but personally imho, if you are still atracted to the plant, you are not finished with it yet... nor it with you.

best of luck!

6. I would say to find some type of hobbie.. i know sometimes I just smoke because I can or beause I have nothing to do and those seshes are never as good as those after work/long day seshs. And honestly smoking is something you can always do to do "something" like with a friend or coworker but taking up a hobbie would be better imo in these types of situations

7. Real talk. You must examine yourself and figure out why you and your wife used cannabis. Was it purely recreational? Are you or she self-medicating. Many people quit using marijuana and find that they become depressed and blame their depression on the fact that they quit smoking. However it is much more likely that the depression or anxiety or some other issue was there already and it had been treated and well-managed with cannabis. Therefore it is extremely important to take care of your mental health while making this transition and do not be afraid to seek professional advice from a doctor regarding mental health treatments.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8. I actually enjoy growing more than smoking.. Hardly ever smoke any more.. Maybe grow a few small autoflowers? But yeah, it's good you have your priorities in order

9. Small sacrifices in the short term will pay off in the long term. With a wife and daughter dependent on you, it should seem like a no-brainer to do nothing that would put your future in jeopardy. Weed will still be there in the future my man. It's not worth the stress right now to smoke and worry about getting caught.

10. You guys and gals are the best. I really appreciate the responses. My mind is doing mental gymnastics trying to hold onto the past habits and not confront the present. The choice is clear like many of you had said.

11. I agree with everyone. Just quit the stuff for now until you get things more cleared up in life and then you can take some more hits when the time is right.

12. Synthetic urine is reliable and works. Don't put that option down just yet