My drying device idea. Would it work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by LungsFullaReefa, Mar 24, 2013.

1. I have 10 seeds germinating in my closet, that I plan on growing in the woods behind my house.

I have the steps and everything, I just need a little help.

My only problem is that I live with my parents, so I can't dry my bud indoors.
    I've been looking around all night, and I can't believe nobody has thought of this:

a trash can with a piece of ply wood on top so the plant hangs upside down in the trash can to dry out. Obviously I would need holes in the can, so how big and how many holes would you suggest

2. nice idea. probly just like regular holes just alot of them

3. So, regular as in 1/4" or 1/8" or maybe even bigger like 1/2"?

4. Yeah it'll work , you'll need a few cans atleast if you get a good yeild though

5. Trash can=Animal magnet. It will probably at least get knocked over maybe eaten depending on the animal.

6. I guess I could hammer some rebar through the handles about 2 foot into the ground to prevent knocking it over.

7. I'm only planning on planting the strongest looking 3, so I think one or two cans would work, right?

8. #8 Corto Malteze, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
    drying outdoors will cause mold as in the Fall the weather will likely be muggy, rainy and humid and you will have mold on most of the crop if dried like that (even if they're out of the rain in the can). Also you want air flow (hence the holes you mentioned). Idk, it could work, you could try a few??!
    Also, imo, a garbage can is very visible and hard to haul in after getting through the whole grow unripped. Try finding an abandoned shed or somewhere where they are out of humidity and hidden (a friends house). I've dried under tarps and depending on years, I got mold sometimes. I won't dry like that again. Now when it's ready , I bring it back.

9. I would wrap a screen material around the inside to stop insects from getting in. That way you don't have to worry too much about the size of your holes.
    And anchor your can either by the re-barb idea through the handles or driving a shaft through the bottom of the can.

10. Thanks for all the device, I'll post a pic when I get it set up, and I'll show the bud after its dry. Wether it not its good, I don't know.