Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My doctor says weed can cause onset heart attacks?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LewisBud101, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Even though I know it proberly ain't true my anxiety will not let it go...

I read that your 5 times more likely to have a heart attack after marijuana, is this true, I always thought weed could never kill anyone but scientists apperently say it can cause heart attacks? I am healthy and want to smoke up again but stuff like this keeps stopping me, would I be fine to smoke?

2. Next time you see your Doctor make him quote his reference source.
    ( He won't because the damn drug is still schedule ONE and no university or private funded organization will do any research on it until it is LEGAL to do so ).
    Only Israel is doing any real work and studies so limit your searches to that and Ignore everything by sources like Huffington Post.
    (They Said) is not a qualified source.
    Please post the source where you found it 5x more likely to cause a Heart Attack !!!
    upload_2018-3-12_19-43-56.jpeg
    LOL
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. I’ve read conflicting information about this. I believe the consensus reached in many studies is that marijuana can temporarily increase blood pressure, but some research indicates that weed could potentially offer long term benefits when it comes to lowering blood pressure.

4. Next week eggs will probably be bad for you again.

You shouldn't ever touch the stuff. Not only does it cause heart attacks, it also makes black men want to have sex with white women. I tried it once and it got me hooked on heroin. Made me steal my grandma's jewelry, and sell it at the pawn shop, too. I'm a lazy hippy and a bad parent. I should be in prison because good people don't smoke marijuana.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Your doctor didn't say that.

6. "5 times more likely" sounds like a pile of :poop: to me

7. Doctors today are known con artists who accept hush money and bribes to sell lethal drugs.

Weed is not a drug as it has no potential to be lethal.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have heard that in people with heart issues already that you can have a higher rate of issues if you smoke. But the same could be said for bacon or butter or sugar or whatever it is. You have an existing condition. Anything that could be considered less than healthy can be more likely to cause more issues.
    As everyone has stated, doctors can “quote” all they want. But the fact of the matter is studies haven’t been done in any acceptable manner because of federal regulations.
    Cannabis got its start from being used as medicine. Whether the pros outweigh the cons we will have to wait to find out.

Ps it’s more healthy to eat your cannabis if you’re worried about ill effects.

9. there are some quacks out there. if that was true, there'd be dead hippies lying everywhere! :0

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Your doctor is regurgitating propaganda bullshit. See how quick he is to prescribe you anxiety meds, antidepressants, painkillers, etc which can easily be lethal, extremely addictive and have a million times worse side effects than weed. Guess what, you're already eating and drinking food that's way worse for you than smoking weed. Don't worry about a thing. We're all gonna die anyway but weed is gonna be the last thing to kill u.

11. I mean, I would be cautious if you have preexisting heart issues but it won't directly cause a heart attack. Food is more likely to give you a heart attack than weed has, and so are energy drinks. No one thinks about banning either one of those.

12. I think the analogy is that cannabis raises your heart rate and that can be a risk for those with heart issues. So can running, walking, exercise, sex, waking up in the morning, eating high carbs, sugar foods, caffeine many many other things that can increase your heart rate also could be considered heart attack risks. I guess it all depends on how you read it.

Sent from my VS996 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. First hand experience having what I think was a small heart attack off weed. It came after a year of smoking with no problems at all and I am the complete opposite of a paranoid stoner. I own a pax 3 vape and have vaped for a good while but eventually when I was using the higher temperatures around 400F-420F or having too long of sessions I would get a very uncomfortable feeling in my chest, but using the pax at lower temperatures and short seshes helped to bring it to a not very noticeable level that I was fine with. But around mid December I started rolling fat joints (1.5g), instead of using my bong that worked with no problems forever, that I believe were way too big for my tolerance as I started getting the same uncomfortable chest feeling and it was very strong. Then after I think smoking a joint that was like 1.7-1.8 (would usually weigh them) I ended up coming back inside and then about 10 minutes later I was having the same chest problems and suddenly I felt my heart seize for a couple seconds that I really don't know what it could've been other than a small heart attack. After that short period of smoking fat joints (probably a 2-3 week period) now every type of smoking piece type gives the same uncomfortable chest feeling especially if I smoke way too much, as I went back to the bong after this experience, and the 5 bowls I was doing before January which I had only smoked 3-5 times durin the month brought on a strong case of the chest problems, so I switched to doing 3 as my limit, and have now went down to 2 which seems to usually cause there to be no problems. I've done a couple small joints since, and I can notice the chest problems kind of start up again nearing the end of the joint

So I'm thinking you can cause problems, if youre smoking way too much for yourself, that could never go away. I also have a terrible diet so I'm thinking it could be linked together that the weed is causing a shitty problem in my body get even shittier, but im unsure why it would be causing problems solely in the chest area if weed wasn't related. A friend says he gets these uncomfortable chest feeling mainly when he's smoking a bong, he's pretty low on the paranoia scale as well so I don't think it can be blamed just on like an anxiety attack. It hasn't increased my paranoia while high either

Note: I never get the chest problems off weed, barring a tiny amount of uncomfortableness if ive seshed the day before

• Like Like x 1
  14. I get a rush in my chest some times after smoking. Its a rarity for me but it happens. I am always sitting back and very relaxed when it hits. I have to sit up and can only focus on the rush in my chest. Upper body tightens up at the same time then goes away very fast.

I survive it so I shrug it off, smoke another joint, shoot whiskey, and fry a pork steak in butter. Doctors have killed more people I know than drunk driving and cancer.

15. I gotta say, if you had a heart attack, there would probably be no doubt that you had one.
    A heart attack is when the blood vessels in your heart get clogged and part of your heart tissues actually die.
    I watched my uncle have one. It was obvious what was happening.
    He said it felt like an elephant sat on his chest.
    Nothing in cannabis causes plaque to build up in your circulatory system leading to blockages.

16. Everyone knows that inhaling smoke/CO couldn't be good for us in the long run??
    CO is a Vasocinstrictor. Add that with making your heart beat faster, and you have a recipe for trouble if you have underlying problems. IMHO, is simple logic.

Inhale Smoke, and its not going to be good for you. Period.

Ive been smoking since I was 8, and I'm 60, have 0 lung/heart problems, but I know for sure it slows my running times down. I quit for a month, and my times get faster.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Weed might not be the direct cause but stress from anxiety along with an unhealthy diet and general health can most certainly lead to higher blood pressure and more likelihood of a heart attack. As much as playing an intense video game will with the same person. It will not however directly cause you to have increased chances for a heart attack other than the way you consume it (combustion causes carcinogens that have been linked to increased risk of heart attack and stroke).

I suggest setting a good mood before getting high like doing something you enjoy so that you dont have the opportunity to have anxiety episodes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Your doctor is a Billy.

19. Ok then I doubt it was a heart attack then as that's not what it felt like to me, was like it seized and felt electric in a way. Heart attack is like the #1 scare so happy to hear the elephant thing. I don't know, maybe a skipped beat? That'd be at least way better than a heart attack

There's some studies showing cannabis takes off plaque in the veins so my thought was if I do have a lot of plaque built up and it is a large amount taken off and put back into the blood stream

20. What about resin building up in the lungs? I can french inhale while smoking and blow resin out of my nose after I am done with the joint. I am sure my lungs have taken in quite a bit of resin.

• Funny Funny x 1