My disposable vape pens have oil coming out the top

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by goldendragon, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Hello all! I've only been using disposable vapes for about a year. They work out great for me, except that once in a while, when the pen clogs and I have to take repeated drags for it to unclog, then some of the oil gets sucked out the top, and after that it just keeps coming, and I have to toss the pen. I take very, very gentle drags, and I store it upright, but it keeps happening. The company says they are very sorry, it's just something that happens. a) anybody have a solution, or b) can y'all recommend a disposable vape that doesn't have this problem? Thanks!

2. Splurge for a nice rechargeable battery, Try that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They're right, it's normal. The solution is to not buy disposable so you can clean them.

4. When a disposable pen clogs, your supposed to insert something like a tooth pick or a paper clip to unclog it. Don’t throw them out, there’s still distillate left in them.
    I have a good rechargeable battery, I buy the cartridges now. The disposable pens are convenient though

5. #5 Leimik, Sep 18, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    I can't believe it's been two years since you posted this! I hope you've found a solution by now, but in case you haven't (or for anyone else experiencing this issue), let me offer some insights.
    I totally get how frustrating it can be when a vape doesn't work as expected. The leakage problem you're experiencing can be quite annoying.

Have you checked out this Disposable Vape seller? Their quality control has gotten even better, and they have a wide range of options that might be less prone to the problems you've been facing. Plus, their disposables come in a variety of flavors, so you can always find something that matches your taste preferences.

6. I understand that experiencing clogging issues with disposable vapes can be frustrating. While there isn't a guaranteed solution for this issue, there are a few things you can try to minimize clogging:
    1. Proper priming: Before using a new disposable vape, take a few gentle puffs without activating the heating element. This helps to draw the e-liquid into the wick and saturate it properly, reducing the chances of clogging.
    2. Slow and steady inhales: Take slow, gentle inhales when using the vape. Rapid or forceful inhalation can create negative pressure inside the device, potentially leading to e-liquid being pulled into the mouthpiece.
    3. Store upright: You mentioned that you already store the vape upright, which is the recommended method. This helps prevent any potential leakage or flooding of the device.
    4. Temperature control: Extreme temperature changes can affect the viscosity of the e-liquid and potentially contribute to clogging. Try to avoid exposing the disposable vape to extreme heat or cold.
    Regarding your second question, it's challenging to recommend a specific disposable vape brand as experiences can vary, and individual preferences may differ. However, you can consider researching and reading reviews from reputable sources or vaping communities to find disposable vape options that have positive feedback regarding clogging issues.
    Alternatively, you might want to explore other vaping options such as refillable vape pens or pod systems. These devices allow you to refill the e-liquid, and you have more control over the quality of the device and the e-liquid you use. Additionally, with refillable systems, you can clean and maintain the device regularly, reducing the chances of clogging.