my "different light"

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tharr125, Aug 14, 2011.

1. hi guys i am doing an indoor grow using a 2 cfl 4' long system i currently have two plants in dirt they are currently healthy but i am actually using a aqua one light it is blue and running 40w and a 40w cool white 8000k cfl just wandering am i wasting my time with the blue cfl should i buy another cool white??? cheers

2. Blue light is used by vegetables and the veg of a plant. The red spectrum is used by flowers and the flowering period. I think your wasting money on the cool white. Stick with the blue. I don't use CFL's. I believe that if you are growing you should buy the best equipment thats out there and that you can afford.

3. cheers bud using cfls to save on electrizity very expensive here in far north queensland australia and cant really grow out doors ... cheers for the help

4. If you can i would put both in all the way through.. the blue is better for veg bust will still help you through the flowering as you will have more lumenns througout your grow and a wider spectrum of light..