My dad wants me out

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by IFeelTeeth, Aug 21, 2009.

1. My dad wakes me up this morning at 10:15am and im super tired from working all day yesterday. I wake up for a second and fall back asleep for 5 mins im waking up and as i wake up he bust into my room calling me lazy and an asshole for not helping him out. He said he wants me out for a few days while he is home. (He is leaving to nebraska for work) But now wants me out of the house period. I'm 18 years old and didn't get out of bed for 5 mins.
    Does anybody else think this is excessive?
    He is always working and is never home and now he sees me and wants me out WTF!

I want revenge

2. Harsh man, but it is his house.

3. Nope, he gave you life, fed you, clothed you, and sacrificed for you. He has every right to ask you to be scarce for a few days. Revenge? For WHAT? Inconviencing you? Shit, if I have a son, he's out the door at 18, just like I was.

My daughter is not even 3, but unless there are mitigating circsumstances, she's out at 18 too. Hopefully in college.

4. From a sons stand point it sucks and I would be pissed too but from a parent ^^ stand point I can see where he is coming its shitty that he doesn't give you notice though good luck man

5. Yeah but i do everything he ask of me,
    I work 2 jobs, i'm going to school. I always refuse money when he offers it because i work and make my own.
    I think what mostly makes me mad is he is never home(he is always traveling for work) and just loves to argue with me. If we talk about music or anything and i disagree just talking he turns it into an arguement.
    I agreed i would leave and pay for a hotel for myself and he got mad for doing what he said.

6. Sounds like your Dad is having bigger issues than just you being around. Time to be scarce. Time to cut the cord.

7. dude hes your dad... and he wants you out, so get out. my dad didnt force me out but he wanted me gone... at some point you gotta move out man

8. Yeah he is hopefully leaving for a whole year to work.
    I cant wait

9. Yeah, i said i would leave, and he got pissed.
    My moms just wants me home but i dont want to be here just to get yelled at and make him more angry, whats the point

10. You should just have some respect and do whatever he asks. hes the one the puts the food on the table and the roof over your head. i know that if i provided everything for someon and they didnt get out of bed when i asked, i would be pissed too.

11. dude hes an angry dude, let him be angry. Just zone out until hes done yelling

12. Sounds like your pops has some deeper issues to me, if he's always looking to argue. Maybe he takes his frustrations out on you cause he has no one else too yell at. That's not cool. That being said it is his house . it sounds like you can hold your own. Take off for a few.:wave: You may find your even happier on your own.:cool:

13. You dont think i tried that, I felt bad for not waking up. I jumped up and was about to take a shower then he started yelling. I told him sorry, i fucked up and then he just went off. I honestly felt bad, i try to get along with him and just listen because i barely see him.

14. O i want to leave. i told my mom i would get a hotel just chill out the next few days.
    I have work all weekend so its not like i will be out partying or doing anything special.

15. he seems a bit unreasonable, but by the sounds of it you would be able to support yourself right? it seems like its time to move out, same thing happened with me when i was 18, two men living together isn't good, so when u know that ur a man u should move out.

if u get wot im saying.

16. he sounds like a shitty ass father if u ask me...but then again i dont know he exact situation here from begining to end cuz i assume u did more than sleep in for 5 mnutes ya know?

idk just ride it out...i mean only an awful fuckin father would kick you out when u have nowere to go except for like friends houses etc...just sit down and have an adult conversation with your dad and talk things out and dont get angry or anything...just take his shit and be respectful...a real dad would forgive you for whatever you did and get over it

17. Thats just it though, My dad knows im a really calm guy, i just hate being loud at home. Everytime he yells at me i dont yell back. It just doesnt solve anything and i've learned that but he always tries just to get a reaction out of me

18. idk what to tell you then...i mean i assume that since ur 18 ur not really able to live on your own now ya know?? but if u are then move out and tell ur dad to fuck off...but tahts only if u can in fact support yourself

what does your mom have to say about all of this? is she for or against it or just neutral?

19. She didnt want me even up this morning to help my dad drop off his car. She wanted to wait till tomorrow so she could of driven out to my dads work with him(its really far)
    She is kinda on my side but she knows i fucked up but thinks its just stupid for him to get that mad.
    I told her i would leave and he said if i leave then he's calling the police and saying i stole the car.

20. dude that blows. and to everyone saying just get out. hes just 18. okay some may say well when i was 18 i just left the house too, congrats but still this sucks. no warning just get out? that blows. its still summer so its not like you can just go back to college early either. but hey lets be optimistic and hope that hes just renovating your room?