My dad is using weed for medicine.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by manboytown94, Mar 28, 2014.

1. My dad has had a lot of health problems over the last couple years. 3 back surgeries and 4 hip surgeries. Well, he found out I smoked weed, and he asked me if I would roll him one lol I had never really thought of it as mwdicine, I had always thought of it as a relaxing thing. Well, its been 2 weeks and my dad has cut his pain pill intake by 3/4 and when he smokes he sleeps great and his pain goes away. I think this was a good read, I hope I put this post in the right place.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Thats great man. My little brother recently passed away from stage 4 adrenal cancer... i wanted him to have some cannabis treatment.

3. congrats.! id love to have the opportunity to help a relative feel better while bonding closer together..

4. Only thing holding my dad back from this is work... Even if he had a med card he would get fired because it's not recognized federally blah blah fuck big cooperations blah.. He could get pills but the cost of them would put him in major debt in no time, weed would be a cheap alt but fuck I'm rambling.
    Just enjoy that you can do this for ur dad man.

Sucks to suck

5. #5 BugPoop, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    So you've never heard of medical marijuana?

Sent from my iPhone using Weed

6. Good to hear man!

7. you mean doctor weed Dr. weed?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Great story. Glad it's helping your dad.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. It really does help. My dad is doing great. And im sorry to hear about your brother.

10. Of course ive heard of it lol but I live in nc, so it isnt like ive seen any kind of legality here. So I always considered it a recreational drug. But now, I see how much this herb is helping my dad, and now im experiencing first hand how it serves a medicinal purpose.

11. My mom works for the state, so I feel you.

12. Congrats, glad to hear it's helping. I know my dad would benefit from it, but he still has a job, and is incredibly close minded when it comes to cannabis.

13. Very cool to read. Glad that your dad has listened to the news over the years and done some resourceful reading. Hoping he stays well.

14. Thanks man. Agreed. Good luck to your dad.

15. That's good to hear he cut back on the pain meds,those are never good.

FYI marijuana has a lot of medical benefits, including helping skin cancer

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. I asked My Cardiologist would cannabis help any of my heart related issues....he said "as far as I know it doesn't help any medical conditions...and in fact causes insanity in some people" .... really !!! more than 50 years after "Reefer Madness" and there are still supposedly intelligent people who think it was a documentary.