My dad is pretty awesome

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by CurtChronic, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Just got the ol' appendix removed the other day and since the wife is gone a few days out of the week. my parents drove over here from Iowa to help me with the dogs while she's out. My dad is going around the house finishing home improvement projects that need to get done, it's awesome.

I definitely don't take it for granted, I really really appreciate it and don't expect him to do anything. Pretty cool of him to do. He said it's because he can't stand just sitting around doing nothing, haha.

Anyway, I suppose it's a short story, I was just genuinely excited by the fact that my projects aren't completely on hold while I'm recovering! :hello:

2. sound good, hope you get well soon :)

3. My mother is like that. When I'm sick or having flare ups, she comes up and starts cleaning everything. I hope I have half her energy when I'm 65. :p

4. Your dad sounds awesome. Pack him a bowl.

5. +rep for the dad!!! and for you to be grounded and appreciating..dont alwys find that in the species we know as humans..lol

6. If he smoked, I'd love to get high with my dad. haha

7. my dad has affairs

8. With weed or women?......:confused:

9. the last one

10. Confused emoticons? :p

11. thats really nice man, be sure to let him know you're greatful :D

12. Thats awesome of your dad for driving out there to help you with all your projects.
    Hope your recovery from your surgury goes well!

13. Did they do a laproscrapy? like thru your belly button. Those are the best. Nobody knew how to do it when I went in, so I have a two inch scar.

14. That is cool of your dad. Reminds me of my grandpa. But I don't have to be sick for him to do something for me like that!

What 'projects' is he getting done?

Edit: And YES, I did just bump this thread from October. Don't hate.

15. wishing you a speedy recovery

16. My dad has helped me out on plenty of occasions without me being sick, though my parents can't always be around since we works about 50 hours (sometimes more) per week and they live about 4 hours away.

Our basement flooded quite some time ago and since it was a finished basement a lot of repair work has to be done. For the short time he was here he tiled the floor, put up a couple doors (after resizing the openings), did plumbing and did some other finishing touches in the bathroom.

Kind of an odd thread to bump.

I've completely recovered and healed up, but thanks.

17. your dad sounds cool and id love to let you finish..

but my dad took me to Amsterdam and gave me a sack for christmas!

lulz:smoke::smoke:

for real though.:D:D