Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Dad hates weed I need help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Fv01082000, May 18, 2018.

1. Why don't you just not use it or talk about it around him? Why be so open about it? Do what you want and still have a place to live.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Try harder to not get caught is all I can come up with given that the entire scenario seems irreconcilable. Good luck.

3. #4 CBDBurner, May 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2018
    I’d be tellin him that not us. U 18 go to him and express how u feel In a healthy way. Maybe in a letter. Sounds like he needs to learn to control himself and express his feelings as well if he’s hittin on ya. Unless ur just bein a dick.
    Either way he need to start treating u like a man if your 18. Ya get a lot further with ppl talking to them than puttin ur hands on em. Let me ask ya this do he put his hands on others in public when he trying to get his point across? I’m guessing he doesn’t he sees u as weak or a piece of property that he can do whatever he want to.

4. Okay my personal opinion here, your father is abnoxious and hitting you is not only stupid and unhelpful it's also illegal. However, since you are living under his roof and his rules and you say you don't want to destroy your relationship I would just stop smoking until you move out, it's not worth being bullied by your parent and potentially hurting your dads relationship not only with you but with your mother. I really think you should get your dad some anger management sessions, good luck.

5. Lol your dad kicked your ass for smoking

• Like Like x 1

6. Time to move out

to young to broke ..?

then you live in his house under his rules ..simple

if he hits you call the cops or your lawyer

you do have a lawyer..?

good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fuck everyone saying his house, his rules, but if he’s hitting/verbally abusing you on something that helps you. You’re 18, so I’m assuming you might be graduating this year? If so, get out and go to college. If college ain’t your thing, find a roommate and leave. I wouldn’t continue staying at home, it will only make your life a mental hell. Unfortunately you can’t exactly move out on your own due to low minimum wage and high cost of living, but a roommate will make it affordable. Of course a 420 friendly one.

Also maybe find out why he doesn’t like it. Both my parents were against it, but for different reasons. My step dad smoked with his own father when he was 13, and smoked all the way until around early 30’s, he loved it and claims some of the best moments of his life were while high... However, he didn’t like me using it as he believes it was a waste of money and made me lazy.
    My mom, she smoked when she was young, but she thought it made her stupid while high (she ain’t any smarter drunk...), so her reason for me not to smoke was that she didn’t want me to be stupid.

Everyone’s has their own for not liking it, see what his is. By the sound of it, he might take the stupid/lazy excus, which is what the feds pushed onto that generation. It’s hard wired into his brain to not like it, it won’t be easy to change.

8. If quitting outright isn't an option for you at the moment for whatever reason, I would highly suggest finding a spot of nearly any type, indoor, outdoor, friend's house in a cave on a cliff, just as long as it's well hidden and not putting you in danger of being busted. There is really no point of trying to continue smoking at your house if it's making the situation worse like that. I'd also refrain from talking about it or appearing overly high, so maybe invest in some eye drops as well. Stealth smoking can always work, it's just about finding the right places and being extremely careful. They're not always ideal by any means, but it's what you can do when you absolutely need to smoke in situations like that. Best of luck, dude!

jah!/d$:smoking:

9. I started smoking in 1972. My Dad, surprisingly, didn't have a big problem with weed. He was more worried about smoking cigarettes. I overheard him tell our neighbor that while I was working under my Jeep. Talk about my green light! That said, I never got caught by him. He thought it a waste of money I just didn't smoke it at home. Period. His rules, ya know! My Dad and I had a quite 'tense' relationship. Both my brothers were 'goody - goods' (maybe that's why they made so much more $ than I) and nobody ever called me that. I got 'hit' a few times, but always had it coming... actually, I should have gotten a lot more, LOL! I moved out at 18 and overnight became best friends with my Dad again. Had a great relationship until he passed. You just gotta hide that you're doing it. Most parents won't be happy about it. Show him you will be able to take care of yourself. Weed certainly will make people lazy, if they let it. I saw many guys I went to school with spend the rest of their lives laying around, smoking weed. I bet your Dad has too. At 18, he's worried you might go that route. Now, nobody smokes more weed than me. Nobody. I have loved it since I was 13. I turned 60 yesterday. But you have to keep it somewhat undercover. Even where legal, it won't help when employment time comes. Don't advertise that you do it. Just do it where he won't catch you. Peace, Phezisica