My CGE hydro grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by johnnyoutlaw, May 12, 2010.

1. What a drag! At least it wasn't a total loss. I just found this grow and was really digging it, especially your setup. You have one of the nicest grow rooms I have seen! (Not that I have seen a ton... LOL).
    Anyway,best of luck to you on the next grow! +rep

2. sweet setup man, sorry about the mites.

I am getting ready to build my room, I was hoping you might have some thoughts as to what you like/dont like about your setup, what you would do differently and how you plan on preventing this problem again, so we dont make the same mistake... how can we spot the problem and what action should we take should we notice a problem?

The room is bad ass man. Major props. I was thinking the reason the plants were growing so tall was because you had the light too high up? cant really tell from the photos. If they are too high, the plants reach to get closer.

Another noob question I have, is why the netting?

Ive been reading TONS of info througout a bunch of different forums and havent left any feedback. Trust me, people are reading these.

Keep us up to date on whats happening with your setup.

3. Thanks for the props........Well let's see, about what I would do differently with my room/s...... I would want to put in a split system A/C instead of the wall units. Also I would want to have a seperate area/room for all the euipment/controls. Some sort of a res. chilling system (which I am working on now). I am going to mount the dehumidifiers up high and route the A/C drain so I can capture the H20 that is now being drained away. It's the best H20 to use, won't have to use the RO system nearly as much and will help with the water bill. Oh, and some room to move around easier is always a big plus. As far as the mites go,.....check any and all plants with a scope before ever placing them in your garden area. Consistantly re-check your plants with your scope at least once a week (or every day). If you notice a problem spray them (try not to go too heavy) with the correct pesticide. 4 days later or so hit them again (the eggs that are present will hatch by then). Be careful, too much sray and your plants might not like it! If the little suckers are resiliant then a possible clean out of ALL plants in the garden may have to take place and start from scratch...........I have been told that there is a strain of mites that are basically immune to the pesticides in the CA market. Super mites if you will. And the pesticides in CA are now reformulated to be less hasardous to the enviroment, thus less effective. All the good stuff has been pulled from the shelves.......... The lights are 600w. The plants were tall because the Island Kush strain is a sativa. I kept the lights pretty close to the plants. A few of the tops were getting light burned so I would adjust them just high enough to stop that.
    The 'netting' is called SCROG (screen of green). It is used to 'separate' or 'open' up the plant canopy to let light into the plant where it couldn't reach otherwise. As the plant stems grow through the screen they are place further back to another square where it is held by the string (or metal or whatever material is used to make your scrog) until the squares are all filled or there are no more stems to move around. Each stem thinks it's the top of the plant therefore giving you more top colas. Extremely effective.
    Hope this helps, good luck with your set up.
    Pix soon................

4. Johnny,

Could you please assist me in fixing my CGE? I'm going to start a thread.