Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My cat never kills bugs...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BuddhistStoner, Apr 19, 2011.

1. So i am blazed as fuck in the morning a perfect way to wake up. A nice cool morning. I was contemplating and seeing my cat try to attack the reflection of light from my computer on the wall. I moved my lap tops a little bit so he will chase the reflection. Then I remembered the other day when a little small moth got in my apartment. I was trying to catch it to put it outside and my cat chased after it and the thing landed on the ground. my cat just put its paw out to touch it. I notice on many occasions he will chase bugs and watch them and he will try to touch them, but never kills them. sometimes he will watch them for a moment and then just walk away. So what the fuck is wrong with this cat ? hahaha

is he a pacifist? Or do you think he is only that way because he has always been an indoor cat?

2. He's a pussy we know that forsure

3. Maybe its because hes a pussy.

4. my dog does the same thing, but sometimes she will just grub the bug, have seen her eat a bee out of the air

5. I think that its because your cat is probably from a long line of indoor cats. He probably doesnt see bugs too often (definetly not as often comparred to an outdoor cat) and is just curious as to what that thing is moving in the house. We had an indoor cat that caught a mouse the first time we let him outside. He had no idea what to do with it, so he sat there playing with it with his paws, almost like a ball of yarn. Cats are soooo awesome

6. What a pussy eh?
    Your original prediction is probably correct

7. no matter how opposite it is of my situation, that definitely makes sense^

my cat doesnt kill bugs either. but shes 18 and has a mainly outside car for 13 years. she just plays with them. the way i see it, theres better food sitting in her bowl, better to have fun watching a bug fly around...

8. he probly was just curious in what the fuck it was. then once he caught it and realized it was nothing special he was like wtf is this im out...

on a side note my old cat Mickey used to be a long time outdoor cat. i race motocross so would be gone every weekend and Mickey was put outside with a big pile of food on the steps.

we would come home sunday night from the races and every time we would pull in the driveway my cat would book it across the front of my dads truck like 2 feet in front of the wheels to let us know hes there haha. we used to call him suicide kitty!

many times he would leave dead mice and other animals on our steps like he got us a present or something. he was proud of his hunting skills and put the animals on the step like "look what i got guys". Mickey was a beast. He fucked shit up round my neighborhood.

poor little bugger never ran in front of our truck one sunday night :(

RIP Mickey

9. Yea I think your right. The thing that sucks is it would be cool for him to kill some of the bugs that come in. but then again its a rare occurrence. I think he is so much indoors that he would not survive outside. A fuckin squirrel even challenged him when I had him on the porch wtf lol.

10. RIP Mickey! That is a bad ass cat. I see that there is an innate nature to any cat, because I see how my cat has such keen instincts.

11. yup they are. they know how to get by on there own with no help. unlike house dogs whod be fucked if they were left outside for weeks.

like i said my cat was almost full time outdoor cat. he only came in at night on week days. other than that he loved to be outside.

only time he would want to come in is for 5 mins when i would get home. hed run right to the lazy susan where his food was kept and push it with his paw to swing it open. then hed want right back outside.

i miss that lil guy. ill get another cat once i get an apt next year probly. but he wont be no Mickey!