My Caribbean wood collection

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Sharcastic, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I took a trip to the Caribbean a few months ago. I stopped at a ton of islands, and one of my goals was to get some cool wooden paraphernalia.

I got this pipe in Curacao. It's a small dutch island in the southern Caribbean. It's often refereed to as a little Amsterdam. There's many colorful dutch style buildings, and honestly it was my favorite island. I picked up this little pipe for only 3$!
    v v v v v v v v
    [​IMG]

This pipe came from Aruba. It had a nice stainless steel screen, but I lost that in the forest, smoking.. I gave a vendor, 10$ for the pipe and a I <3 Aruba shirt.
    v v v v v v v v
    [​IMG]

This pipe came from an very old man I met on the beach. He was selling many hand crafted items. I bought a wood idol, an ash tray, and this pipe for 20$ It's an awfully big bowl, because I do believe it's for tobacco. I usually use it as a party bowl, and have a bunch of people match me on bud.

v v v v v v v v
    [​IMG]

2. Wow very cool! You should just travel the world collecting small wooden hand carved pipes hahah

And I love how they all came from different places, yet all have faces on them! Is that an aspect you looked for when picking one out?

3. I thought it was odd that they all happen to have faces! Hah.

4. thats pretty cool man, im always on the lookout for a wooden that i actually like, these are kinda nice, and honestly a LOT better of a souvenir than a snow globe lol

5. That's the style all over the West Indies. I used to have one I got in Dominica that was very similar to the above pics. I couldn't get over how solid and smooth it was, now I'm getting bummed that I lost it.

6. Those are really awesome, man!

7. They are all sick, especially the last one!

8. I love wooden pieces! I like the second one the most :)