Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My canna oil experiment

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by smither123, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Hey grass city, Some people believe that if you put weed in oil for a couple of weeks it will extract THC into the oil and you can use it for cooking. So I've gone ahead and I'm testing it for myself ;) 1.I first measured out 0.7 of my last harvest. This stuff gets me pretty stoned after a few bowls. Its around mid - high.2. I then grinding it really fine. Almost into dust3. I put it into a glass jar and poured in olive oil. 4. I will now let it sit for 2 weeks and stiring it every couple of day.5. I'm then filtering the weed and making a microwave mug cake .For people who don't know what it is, here's a link to a recipe - http://www.netmums.com/family-food/family-recipes/a-z-of-family-recipes/microwave-mug-cakeHere's some photos. Hope it works. Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

2. PS its 0.83 my scales are 0.10 of Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

3. Shoulda decarbed it first!

4. #4 smither123, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    [quote name="KillerKush87" post="19323196" timestamp="1389490422"]Shoulda decarbed it first![/quote]Apparently decarbing is not too important. I've left it drying and cureing for over 2 months. It should be fine. Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

5. I hope your Olive Oil has enough Saturated fat! :)

6. [quote name="smither123" post="19325352" timestamp="1389524386"]Apparently decarbing is not too important. I've left it drying and cureing for over 2 months. It should be fine. Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk[/quote]Yeah if it's very dry, most of the acids will be separated from the cannabinoids but IMO it's always good just throwing it in the oven for a bit to activate anything that may not have been already. If you keep the temps and timing right, you won't damage anything, just will make sure you get the full effect out of it. Should be good enough though.

7. [quote name="KillerKush87" post="19325559" timestamp="1389534000"]Yeah if it's very dry, most of the acids will be separated from the cannabinoids but IMO it's always good just throwing it in the oven for a bit to activate anything that may not have been already. If you keep the temps and timing right, you won't damage anything, just will make sure you get the full effect out of it. Should be good enough though.[/quote]Thank god for that! I hope it works. I got the idea from this thread. http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/689032-no-heat-cannaoil-best-oil-ive-ever-made.htmlSent from my W100 using Tapatalk

8. [quote name="b0nne" post="19325396" timestamp="1389526645"]I hope your Olive Oil has enough Saturated fat! :)[/quote]Same, it should be fine :/ Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

9. After 2 weeks (12 days) if I add the whole amount of oil to a mug cake (Basically a brownie) will it be enough for a strong high? If it works that is.Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

10. Take 1/4 tsp alone and see how it affects you. Then you will have a better idea. You had it there a decent amount of time. A hot water bath every day will speed things up too if you think it hasn't reached full potency yet.

11. [quote name="KillerKush87" post="19329814" timestamp="1389583202"]Take 1/4 tsp alone and see how it affects you. Then you will have a better idea. You had it there a decent amount of time. A hot water bath every day will speed things up too if you think it hasn't reached full potency yet.[/quote]Would that be enough to feel the affects?Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

12. It's better to play it safe and take much less than you think will affect you. Edibles can kick your ass if you aren't ready for it. You could even start with 1/8 tsp if you wanted to, but if you aren't one that really gets paranoid if you get too high, then you should be fine at a quarter. I can't tell from the pics exactly what ratio of bud to oil you used or the quality of your weed, so it depends on many factors. If you don't feel anything at that dose, double it in a few hours. Put it on a cracker or something. Olive oil will be nasty by itself! So once you can feel it, then you know about where your dose is going to be. Then just use simple math to find out how much oil will be in each of whatever edible you plan on baking and you will know how many you need.

13. [quote name="KillerKush87" post="19335505" timestamp="1389663922"]It's better to play it safe and take much less than you think will affect you. Edibles can kick your ass if you aren't ready for it. You could even start with 1/8 tsp if you wanted to, but if you aren't one that really gets paranoid if you get too high, then you should be fine at a quarter. I can't tell from the pics exactly what ratio of bud to oil you used or the quality of your weed, so it depends on many factors. If you don't feel anything at that dose, double it in a few hours. Put it on a cracker or something. Olive oil will be nasty by itself! So once you can feel it, then you know about where your dose is going to be. Then just use simple math to find out how much oil will be in each of whatever edible you plan on baking and you will know how many you need.[/quote]Okay I will do that, I would love it to kick my ass. I haven't been extremely high for ages.. Tolerance.. But I've never tried edibles so.. Ha Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

14. ;)Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

15. Edibles are awesome. They give you a slightly different high. More so in the body. The psychoactive part is different too because when it breaks down in the body, some is turned into delta-11 THC instead of just delta-9 that you get by smoking. Getting too high from smoking and too high from edibles are worlds apart! Smoking you understand right away if you've had enough and you stop if you don't want to be any higher. Most edibles can take about an hour or more to kick in. You can eat a whole hell of a lot of edible cannabis in an hour, then all of a sudden You're fucking slammed! Did you try any yet?

16. [quote name="KillerKush87" post="19352306" timestamp="1389894182"]Edibles are awesome. They give you a slightly different high. More so in the body. The psychoactive part is different too because when it breaks down in the body, some is turned into delta-11 THC instead of just delta-9 that you get by smoking. Getting too high from smoking and too high from edibles are worlds apart! Smoking you understand right away if you've had enough and you stop if you don't want to be any higher. Most edibles can take about an hour or more to kick in. You can eat a whole hell of a lot of edible cannabis in an hour, then all of a sudden You're fucking slammed! Did you try any yet?[/quote]Thanks for the information , sounds awesome. Nope I haven't tried any yet. I'm waiting until take Saturday (25th) to make sure I get full potency. I haven't smoked in a couple of weeks as this is my last bud from harvest. Going to get blitzed if it works! Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk

17. Remember... Let it sit in hot water for a while every day. It will help pull everything into the oil. Just let your tap water run to the hottest it will get then put the jar inside a bowl of the hot water until it cools down. It will help! If you can get your hands on some soy lecithin, try to mix a tbsp or so into it, it will help increase bioavailability and make less oil give a stronger effect. Well worth it.

18. #20 smither123, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
    [quote name="KillerKush87" post="19353103" timestamp="1389904079"]Remember... Let it sit in hot water for a while every day. It will help pull everything into the oil. Just let your tap water run to the hottest it will get then put the jar inside a bowl of the hot water until it cools down. It will help! If you can get your hands on some soy lecithin, try to mix a tbsp or so into it, it will help increase bioavailability and make less oil give a stronger effect. Well worth it.[/quote]Thanks, I'll try it ;) doesn't it have a reach a certain temperate to extract in into the oil. I guess it couldn't hurt as I'm using nothing but time. I'll post on this thread before I digestive it. Sent from my W100 using Tapatalk