My buds smell like FRESH CUTT LAWN GRASS!!!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by 60dayWonder, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Doesn't look to early the pistils are mostly changed that looks lovely tho lol con grats and i would say closer to the oz then 3/4

2. Lots of brown, but still a few thick whites, and the nugs are fluffy. Plant had white fly issues late and that stunted development I think.

Here's a detailed shot of the buds... but compare that to this rock... both from seeds planted on the same day. Now you can see why I say that was harvested too early! lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Yeah that one u got growing still is much fatter... were they the same strain?? Cuz that could play in the harvest times 2

4. yup, they are all Lavender plants, all seeds from the same bag

here's 3 stages... 2 wk flower foreground left, 5 weeks in the back left and right, and 7 weeks on the yellowing plant in the middle

[​IMG]

5. 2 wk vs 5 wk, look at those beautiful black leaves :)

[​IMG]

6. Beautiful :) congrats what kinda light u use

7. 600w hps for flower, 2 x 4-bulb 104w T5's for the veg area

Attached Files:

8. Nice i used 200 watts of cfl on the plant in my pic and got an oz and a half and i just got a new sungod komee mini lotus and i can't wait to flower under it its 125 actual watts so with that and my other bulbs I'm thinking I'm gonna hit 2 zips this time around :)

9. Nice... I pulled 25g off a blue dream clone I had in there, should get 20 off the early harvest, another 25g off the one I chopped last night, and shooting for 35/ea on the other 2 in there, and hopefully 3oz+ on the huge plant

so 150g+ out of a whole closet load (5 plants in there at the same time), so right around 1oz per 100 watts per cycle

10. /\ Let's keep the thread on topic, talk about your own grow in your own thread. lol

Why do you need it to smell a certain way so badly? It is what it is man. Somewhere in the process the terpenes have been effected, theres no way in getting them back. Just follow proper curing procedure and make sure they arent too moist to develop mold in the jars (fucked up half my harvest with mold once by improper curing).

11. because that "smell" reflects that the curing process and the conversion of cannabergerol to tetrahydrocannabinol has occured

it's not just so you can brag to your friends

12. #52 sleepy96, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    Indeed. But I've had similar experiences when my grow room got hot for an extended period (pretty much all through flower), the plants didn't seem to have much smell come drying time. Even after curing they didn't really smell like "weed". IDK what the case is for him, but it seems he's having a similar issue.

13. that first picture the bud was harvested too early.

14. your buds are going to get moldy and ruin if you don't dry more

15. yup, had a bug problem and wasn't maturing, so down it went

harvested it's twin (planted the same day) Monday... better? :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. oh hai guise lets just do what the random control guy says.

17. Its all out of respect to the OP that's all :D:smoking:

18. yea that bud looks better lol, it'll come with cure and drying

In my experience a long dry and cure is best (5+day dry)

starts smelling real dank after 2 weeks in them jars.

19. my harvests always smell like fresh grass/hay in the first weeks of curing. I had Purple Kush, which is known to smell really strong. In the jars it smelled almost nothing, so I thought I didn't cure them right, but after about 30mins of putting a small bud in a baggie it started to stink up my whole apt.

So I found out that in the jars, when they still have some humidity in them, they will not smell much, but when they are taken out of the jars and the final humidity is gone the smell comes out real nice!

wait and continue the curing process and you should have some nice smelling budz.

p.s. I like my budz to be a tad humid so it burns nice and slow when I smoke it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. So..... how did it turn out for you?