My Buddy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Destroyer563, May 26, 2012.

1. My buddy is helping me build a shed to start growing. Do you think it would be a good idea to continue doing this? He smokes alot of weed, and he is a pretty close friend. Do you still think that would be a good idea to let the profits get split??

2. [quote name='"Destroyer563"']My buddy is helping me build a shed to start growing. Do you think it would be a good idea to continue doing this? He smokes alot of weed, and he is a pretty close friend. Do you still think that would be a good idea to let the profits get split??[/QUOTE]

No, ongoing partnerships rarely work out. Your better off doing your own thing.

3. Depends, if all he's doing is building the shed and popping around every now and then give him a small cut.

If he's going to take care and responsibility of the plant, (somehow) feel free to negotiate profit splitting.

Good luck with your grow and harvest :)

4. Morning Destroyer,
    I spent 30 years in business & can tell you from personal experience that partnerships are the absolute worst form of business to participate in.
    One of the first rules in growing is tell no one. The second rule should be no partnerships.
    Good Luck with your grow.
    Cheers :D

5. People are greedy, nuff said.

6. You already broke the cardinal rule of 'tell no one'. Proceed with extreme caution.....if the shed is on your property, you are assuming all the risk. With him knowing About your growing plans already, this could spell trouble down the line. He could flap his gums and tell people, or any number of other things could go wrong......as you mentioned profits, it leads me to believe you plan on selling your crop, which is breaking cardinal rule of security #2. Sounds big time sketchy to me.

The only people that know of my hobby are the fine blades on GC, and thats how itll always be. I suggest reading through the beginner security stickies as you've ready put yourself at risk. Good luck.

7. Only you no the answer to this dude. How are we supposed to know wether you can trust him.

8. Well, he is going to be taking some of the plants as well, as to mix up where our location is. But maybe I should move my grow and not tell him, or tell him I canceled te grow. Lol

9. [quote name='"Destroyer563"']Well, he is going to be taking some of the plants as well, as to mix up where our location is. But maybe I should move my grow and not tell him, or tell him I canceled te grow. Lol[/quote]

I would move it, wait a little bit, and then not tell anyone this time.

10. What's the deal, split your first grow? Your call dude, I'd take a very close look at his personality though. Does he do anything that might put him in front of a judge? Like DUI or anything? Is he careless, sloppy, have money problems, etc... (not to impugn anybody but the best of friends turn on each other over this shit)

...that's what I'd be looking for anyway. Good luck :bongin: