Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My bud tastes bad?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LSDBongWater, Feb 14, 2013.

1. I just picked up an eighth of the frostiest nugs I ever had, but it tastes awful when I smoke it yet gets me on cloud 9. I've bought from this guy dozens of times before and all of his stuff is great except this. Can someone elaborate on this? I heard that it was caused by quick drying bud, but I'm not sure.

2. The grower might have not flushed it at the end

3. Could be the strain,the flush or it wasnt cured good

4. does it taste/smell like hey?

5. You need to "water cure" it! Gets rid of bad taste and harshness! :hello:

You will need a wide mouth jar, a small jar lid that will fit into the wide mouth jar, a few marbles, pebbles or other small weight and water.

Put your pot in the jar. Place the small jar lid upside down on your pot. Put the weights in the jar lid to hold it down. Gently add the water (I like distilled, but tap water works, too) to fill the jar. Let sit 8 hours or more. Carefully pour off the greenish water, and replace it. Let sit again. Pour it off. Repeat until the water is reasonably clear. Some directions call for a full week of water changes, but I think this is over-kill! As soon as your water stops looking like green tea, it's ready to dry. :D

When you remove your soggy pot, put it on a dish towel and let it sit a bit to wick out some of the water. Then put it on a plate and either set it up high (top of the fridge, etc) to take advantage of rising heat, or set a fan blowing on it until it is dry.

Once it is dry, it will look UGLY, zero bag appeal! [​IMG] BUT it will be cured of the bad flavor and be some of the smoothest pot you ever smoked! [​IMG] The potency will remain the same, since THC is not water soluble, but the unwanted ferts and flavors are water soluble and will go down the drain!

Granny :wave: