My boyfriend hates weed..

Discussion in 'General' started by Nicoleesophia, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Alright so over a year ago when my boyfriend and I first started talking he found out a smoked weed sometimes. He like freaked out and was like i dont know about this.. like I knew he didnt like it but I didn't know he was thattt against it. I really liked and I wanted to continue things with him so I said I wouldn't do it again. Now, after over a year after keeping it bottled inside how much I resent him for that, I finally told him. I just haven't because it's hard to approach him with the subject.. he's just so anti alcohol/drugs.. I basically told him I was feeling restricted and he understood and said obviously I could do whatever I want hes not like controlling me or anything. Well then a few days after he told me how hurt he was that I didn't tell him how I was feeling and that hes just disappointed that after all this time I still want it. Like I'm just trying to get him to understand that it does not have to define you. There is a very big difference, with weed especially, between doing it on a regular basis, and every once and a while. As far as long term effects and habits go. He wants what's best for me and I really appreciate that, but at the same time I just want to be able to feel free to do so when i want sometimes without having to worry about his opinion or about hurting him.. he's just so quick to judge and he won't change his opinion that weed is bad and that's that.. I just don't know what to do. Weed isn't that big of a deal to me but I like getting high every once in a while and i think i deserve that freedom, at the least. Plus, I've been dealing with some personal issues lately and weed has the affect of boosting my esteem. He thinks I want to use it to "solve all my problems". No duh weed won't solve your problems but sometimes it's helpful. Idk help pleaseee..

2. Ignorant people can be educated. There are studies all over the internet, facts etc. A member here on GC(Storm Crow) gathered hundreds of pages of studies. You can email her here(stormcrow(at)greenpassion.org).

3. Drop your lame straight edge boyfriend and come fux with a real ngga I got blunts on deck

4. That right there, what you typed, is exactly what you tell him. Don't be a push over, know what you want out of this relationship. If he can't deliver then kick him to the curb and don't waste your time. But, this all could have been avoided if you told him what was up in the first place instead of keeping it inside. I can understand why he would feel that way, but I understand where you're coming from as well. You can either quit or you can continue smoking and deal with the way he judges you. But if you do the latter, he could drop you just as fast. Make a decision for yourself and he will do the same for himself.

5. I've had a similar problem with an ex of mine. All I can say is, do what you want to do.

6. Show him The Union on netflix

7. Lolol this guyyy^^

8. made me lol

9. Tell him if he wants you to quit he has to get high once because you cant hate something until you try it?

10. These.

The Union is a fun, easy watch and very informative too. Ask him to sit down and watch it with you. Maybe afterward you can check out Granny Storm Crow's list of links about all the awesomeness of marijuana.

Show him these things and ask him to remain open minded. Continue communicating your feelings to each other and maybe you guys can come to a mutual understanding or at the very least a compromise.

If all that fails and he still doesn't want you to smoke, then I guess your choice is either quit smoking weed or find someone that you're more compatible with.
    (I'd recommend the latter. Quitting for him is just going to cause more future resentment and issues in your relationship.)

11. well said

12. Well that sucks.

Replace him with Bumbaross.

13. that's gotta be shitty. i've never had a gf that was that anti-pot. at the most they just don't smoke.

14. educate that man of yours

15. Seriously.,. You guys new to recognize that you don't change. Find someone who accepts you for who you are. Me and my wife had many conflicts about weed web we first stated dating we broke up and I kept smoking and she came back. No trouble since and she joined so I married her.. Wifey status. Previous girls all had problems and left but she stuck around and is one of has the best inner (soul, spirit, light) I know.

16. Fuck, I got the same thing with my gf and her family. What can ya do?

I'm only spend less than $100 a month on spinach. Much less than a lot of drinkers out there that hate on the herb. People are just fucked.

17. If he doesn't like it now he never will and it will be a problem in the future if u want to do it.

18. Just dump him he sounds like a ignorent jerk who can care less on what you want just what he wants.

19. Tell him you hate squares

20. Make special brownies, give him some.