My bong doesnt have a brass gauge (filter)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RobzzzTeee, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Does this matter? The bowl's hole is about the size of 5 mm and im afraid that the weed will fall through, I cant test this as i'm all out and were using it tommorow at a mate's, so need quick help! :p

If I need to buy a filter where can i buy it and will i be able to just fit it in?..

Very stupid querstion's I know but im an amatuer and quite new to smoking!.. haha

2. if you take a nice sized peice of bud and put it in the hole itll work to hold your bowl together. If it falls through its no big deal because bongs are easy to clean. IMO screens alter the taste although ill admit they make smoking a small bowl easier and you might waste a little less bud.

3. Thats the problam, i have to use hash mixed with tobbacco.. Might this still work? Thanks :)

4. Well your first option is to just go to a headshop and buy a 5 pack of screens for around 30 cents. If you absolutely can't get a pack of screens you can do this, just get some tobacco and ball it up together in between your fingers and use that to plug the hole, then just throw the hash on top of it.

The best option would be to get a glass screen from the headshop.

5. yeah I think i'll head over to the local headshop tommorow.. Wasn't sure if they would sell 'em there, but guess they sell everything now :p

I was thinking of getting a lil bit of ciggarette paper, place it flat over the whole and it will burn with the mixture..

Thanks for the help! :) :yummy:

6. Ye mate, I can buy screens at headshops up here, it's about 50p for a pack of 5. And I see you're from Newcastle, I happen to be a massive Toon supporter! 5-1<----let's all laugh at sunderland! Enjoy your hash:hello:

7. Great to hear as UK headshops may differ from others :)

Yes very good result! Baked out my face that day ;)

Seems to be many toon followers up there, fantastic! :D

Also, do you find theres an increadible lack of bud here?

Thanks for help! :)

8. Lol, I listened to the game on the radio and I was goin fuckin mental in my room, I remember the 4-1 when Shearer was still playin but the 5-1 game was better imo:D

And ye, there's a lack of good bud in Edinburgh, took me over a year to find a reliable connect, my advice is, fish for numbers when you're at parties and stuff, cos the guy I go to now has great buds and I got his number off a total stranger when I was shitfaced at a house party.

And no problem, need help with anythin UK-related just pm me

9. Aye! Who needs Sherear when you got Carroll ;)

Yeah, I guess connections is everything.. I'll have a good search..

Yeah cheers mate, Good to see fellow British stoners :D

10. Yep, there aren't enough british stoners, or not enough obvious ones anyway:p

11. The hardware store!

Almost every faucet has in it by the discharge, a small, circular metal screen. Thats why you (at least in my area) have to refer to them as "plumbing filters" if you want to find or buy them. (at least the last time I bought screens) But you can also go to the hardware store, in the plumbing section. They will have them there too.

12. There more comman than I thought

Thanks for the help! :)

13. This is how we load bongs where I come from... we call them tutors and have always done it like that.
    Peace.

14. Go find a pebble... clean it. Use it as a screen.