my best creation yet!!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by negligent, Jul 26, 2005.

1. haha well neway, i jus got done choppin n screwin "my smokin song" by lil wyte and i must say, i'm quite pleased how it turned out.. only 1 little glitch in it cuz i slipped up n hit the crossfader but it still doesnt sound to bad. now if only i could get some actual turntables instead of usin this computer program shit then i could definitely slow n throw shit alot better.. but oh well i aint got that kinda money to throw down so i'll jus deal wit the computer program, works good enough for now, aint like i'm a professional dj or nuttin neither haha, although i dunno i bought a mystikal cd that's chopped n screwed today at cd warehouse that was done by some dude called DJ 007 n i definitely think i do a better job than him... haha oh well i jus do it for fun neway, aint like no one gonna pay me to screw n chop there music for em.

haha yall prolly dont even know wat i'm talkin about... if u do, sweet, if ya dont, ask n i'll elaborate

2. dont really get it..but it sounds cool

3. haha aight i'll elaborate, chopped n screwed is just remixing a song n wat it is is slowin down the song and makin the words and/or snare drum or watever other little effect thats in the beat repeat itself twice or 3 times even dependin how its done

example from the song i just did... the hook usually goes

this is my smokin song, it aint very long but garunteed to get the job done, smoke one, wat the fuck you waitin on, get high, i'd love to blaze ya high as the sky but it get hot, white how hot, so hot your brain about to fry

but the chopped up version goes

my smoke my smokin song it aint long but long but garunteed the job the job done smoke one wat the wat the fuck you wait get high get high i'd love to high as high as the sky but hot hot white how so hot so hot your brain about to fry

if that helps at all, also the 2nd verse is like only 85% of the origional speed of the track..

the music was inspired by promethazine syrup cuz of the way it slows you down, so its supposed to kinda fuck with your head while ur on it, n it definitely does haha

4. i would have to hear it but by just reading it, it seems like your chopped that shit up too much in too little of a time, but its prolly sounds decent but i would just have to hear it...

sippn lean

5. what program u use?

6. i used atomix mp3 to do it...

n as for choppin it up to much, yea i might of overdone it a lil bit, but it still sounds pretty decent... i mean hey i like it, n thats wat matters right? not bad for the first song i chopped n screwed usin the program though, i did like 4 more n i'm gettin a lil more used to it n there comin out better n its alot easier to do.. i chopped n screwed "sippin on some sizzurp" today n played my version and a version done by swishahouse (or at least it says so on the file) n asked him which one he liked better without him knowin which was mine n he picked mine suprisingly, haha so i must be doin sumthin right now that i got it figured out a lil more

7. yea most def man, always get better with practice.. i have a friend that screwes our music all the time, its pretty decent.... gotta love screwed music when your high.. me and my bois use to get high and flow... we had this one friend that came up with the craziest lines that would have you rollin