My beef with Bush

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DaZEED&ConFuseD, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My main problem with Bush is that it seemed like he paid too much attention to foreign issues and not nearly enough to domestic issues. The 2006 Budget Plan calls for $2.57 trillion to spend and a $407 billion deficit. The proposed Budget Plan is cutting spending for education, housing, and the environment, while not including an improved budget plan to save social security and the funding of the reconstruction of Iraq. After four years of reckless spending Bush is going back to Reagan Era economic policies of less government spending. The idea of a small government is a republican idea, while the big beauracratic government is that of democrats. Hopefully the republicans will go back to that kind of thinking.

However, cuts aren\'t just being made to a lot of social programs, but republican- loved programs like farm aid subsidies and defense research research. One of the cuts is the elimination of the Perkins Loan program which usually helps middle-income students. However, Bush promised a 5-year increase to the Pell Grant program, which gives aid to mostly low-income students.

With record spending, record trade deficits, and a healthcare and social security crisis, Bush has a lot to fix at home.

2. My bad, i somehow started two threads.

3. yea, this really pisses me off, fucks me over, but doesn\'t help me out in any way at all...

I can\'t understand how anybody can tell me iraq was a good idea, looking at the situation were in right now... $407 billion in debt and going to be a lot more then that in a year i\'ll bet, sure we\'d be in debt even if gore would have won that election on \'00, or anybody for that matter , but it wouldn\'t be this bad at all.

4. I can\'t understand how anybody can tell me iraq was a good idea

I bet the iraqi\'s that now have free speech would tell you it was a good idea.

However, I like your thinking; very....libertarian. Pissed off that our government spent money to oust a dictator and free the people under his rule.

EDIT:well not really that they did it, but that they spent OUR money to help OTHER PEOPLE.

5. We give away so much foreign aid, its crazy. If we would have found WMDs, then it would have been justified. I don\'t think it is worth our time, the lives of some of our soldiers, and our money to \"bring democracy to the middle east.\" Its not that I\'m a heartless bastard but that money could have went to healthcare or education. I\'m happy for those people over there, but in my opinion our social security and healthcare crisis is more important than democracy in iraq.

6. .....yeah, if you mean getting rid of them..

7. getting rid of what?

8. social security, and medicare.

9. I have to agree with Grim Bongmaster on this one. Medicare and Social Security need to go. The privatization of social security is moving forward though. I like the idea of getting to decide where my money is put :) Too bad it\'ll never happen because all the beurocrats will go broke from lack of funding if it does.

I do think we did a good thing over there, even though there weren\'t any weapons of mass destruction being built. It\'s already well known that Russia was trading them weapons for oil... Maybe not wmd\'s, but ya never know what could have happened... Russia doesn\'t exactly have the best reputation for keeping their weapons in check. They don\'t know where a lot of them are, and WMD\'s could easily get smuggled out of Russia for the right price.

Ask the majority of people in Iraq if they\'re glad we came and they\'ll tell you yes. I don\'t like that Bush wasted way too much money in doing it, but I am happy that those people now can have better lives because we\'re there.

Some people take way too much for granted, and need to go live in one of those mideastern countries for a while so they can better appreciate the rights we have here.

EDIT: About Bush not doing much for the middle class (which I\'m a part of)... I have mixed feelings about. I don\'t like that he skips over us a lot, but at the same time anyone can make someone out of themselves if they really want to.

People need to stop looking for freebees and hand-me-downs all the time and realise that they actually have to work for some of the things they want. Anyone can make enough money to live a comfortable life, regardless of what class they were born into. Some have to work hard at it, while some are fortunate to be brought up in wealthy families. You can\'t change what type of family you were born in to - you have no control over that. You do have control over your own life though. You can choose to do well in school, you can choose to further your education, you can choose to be the hardest worker you can, and by doing so you\'re choosing to make a better life for yourself instead of relying on others to make it for you.

10. I like the fact his new budget is cutting or reforming 150 government programs. I have notice he doesnt say which ones they are.

11. Not if they were abolished in the right ways. If you pay off, the people who have already paid into these programs, and DESERVE to be paid back the money that was taken from them, you\'d pretty much be free and clear. Social Security is a joke, the average american gets out, I believe it is a third of what they pay in. Social Security is nothing more than a way to rob tax payers of their money.

\"If you are an American earning the median income of $31,695 per year, and were given the option of investing that same amount of money in a stock mutual fund, you would retire a millionaire - without winning the lottery or a TV game show.\"

Cutting the military budget, and abolishing the DEA, ATF, and IRS, would more than pay for current retiree\'s.

Medicare, is also a fucking joke, what most people don\'t understand is that pyramid schemes BY LAW are illegal. The government is breaking one of their own rules by having these pyramid schemes, because they don\'t fucking work! It\'s not hard to understand that the people at the bottom of a pyramid scheme always get fucked over.

Medicare could easily be payed for by abolishing the FDA, this serves two purposes, it free\'s up revenue to pay for people using medicare, and it also drives down the cost of drugs by allowing pharmaceutical companies to operate without the hassles of beuracracy. (I\'ll post an article about this if you care to read it)

I realize to pull these off you would need a complete regime change, but...fuck..that\'s not exactly impossible.....just improbable...until you people get your heads out of your ass

12. ok... im gonna sum up my whole position on the social security issue...

yes, it is not in good shape but bush i also blowing all of his \"research\" out of proportion to almost force pirviteziation as quick as possible without looking at other possibilities...

but then again, there are pluses to it... so im not sure.

either way, i\'ll hate bush. i don\'t want to start into that though.

13. Exactly!!!

If Medicare were abolished, the insurance companies would have to compete for the business of those currently on Medicare. This would keep costs LOW instead of leading to increased costs. Competition brings lower costs, not the other way around.

14. Exactly.

15. bush can burn in hell so can tony blair and michael howard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.