My Bearded Dragon....

Discussion in 'Pets' started by uneek, Apr 23, 2013.

1. His name is Willie Nelson he been with me for almost a year and half, that is how old he is, we had got him when he was a hatching.

Attached Files:

2. Fuck yeah dude, are they smart like do they know who you are?

3. he knows his name, and he responds to it. but he is a bum all he does is lay around, after i feed him some times i get a burst of energy and in that case i let him run around the house. lots of fun. but he likes to just lay in my hand or on my lap, and hang out for like 30 mins.

4. Thats really cool man haha

5. Now I want one :(

6. like the other day i panic because he went behind the fridge but he just loves to explore oh and he loves to watch the birds outside hop around, he just runs back and forth trying to figure out what the hell a bird is and why does it hop an fly, its actually real funny. he has this confused look, and he looks back at me like WTF? and stares back at the birds... Oh and watching him eat life crickets if fun. This Super worms can be a pain but oh well.

7. oh and the funniest thing is watching him try to run across the Tile floor, LOL he has no traction so he gets like a little run then power slides half way across the floor absolutely funny, using the walls or cabinets as his brakes.

8. Yeah now i want one they sound fucking awesome i just have a little dwarf hamster but hes the shit cuz he attacks everyone but me he loooves me

9. LOL that's awesome.

10. My beardie died after a year due to it ingesting too much sand with its crickets :( I wish I could get another one but I'm not ready to drop all that cash on a new habitat and what not. :/

11. #11 uneek, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
    Mine is in sand and rarely eat crickets at all, i give him lettuce in a bowl with calcium spray, and when i take him out to play and run around i give him superworms or a cricket here an there other than that he is a straight veggie eater :D organic at that.

12. Haha, awh he looks great!

13. thank you.

14. I dont want to alarm you, OP, but it appears your dragon has metabolic bone disease, which is caused by the lack of UV B lighting. Many people purchase lizards and don't realize that a basking light is not enough.

Hurry up and get your dragon a UV B light as soon as possible, once the underbite shows, the lizard is going to get very sick! The UV B bulbs aren't expensive at all, only 8-10 dollars, and any socket that can handle a normal compact flouro bulb is fine!

If you cannot obtain a UV B bulb, I urge you to give your dragon at least an hour of sunlight, the more the better every day until you get one of these bulbs.

One more thing: Sand is VERY bad for all reptiles. Coco-fibre is much better. It also retains moisture well, keeping relative humidity up, helping them shed. A bad shed can cause them to lose fingers and toes.

While it's true lizards often live in sandy habitats, it still causes respiratory problems, shortening the lifespan of your reptile.

15. i have 3 different lights on him. one UV light, one intense heat bulb, and ceramic bulb. he is a healthy dragon

16. lol i didn't show you his home. this is him running around the house. but here ill show u his home in a sec let me go take a photo.

17. This is his home

Attached Files:

18. Awesome dud e

19. [quote name='"uneek"']thanks.[/quote]

I used to have two leopard geckos. Super cool but they were dicks. Liked to bite :'(