My baby's sick!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imsoheh, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I just noticed the new leaves on one of plants are coming in yellow!:eek: I've read around and learned it probably has something to do with the level of nitrogen it's getting (?). I've heard that newer leaves are lighter in color than older ones but none of my other plants show similar symptoms so I'm a little concerned.

The plant is almost 3 weeks old, in a 0.3 gallon pot. Under three 55 watt cfls. I'm using some general potting soil from walmart. I do have an all purpose water soluble plant food which is 15-30-15 but haven't used any of it yet, if it is nitrogen deficiency is it safe to use it or should i get something else for the plant? or is it even nitrogen deficiency?

I've been watering them every other day in small amounts, which also could be the problem. I'm gonna start watering them every 3-4 days.

Please help! If my plant was a person it needs to go to the emergency room as I hope this forum is the equivalent.

I've included pictures but the quality aint that great but you can clearly see the yellow.

Attached Files:

2. don't panic just yet! These look pretty good, especially for 3 weeks under CFL's.

The light yellowing in the center is the kind of color they turn when you leave them in the dark for a long time. Did this happen?

but don't worry. Let them dry out. you can tell by the weight. they will get lighter and lighter. They won't just die on you. Lots of wilting will occur first.

Plants need to breathe air as well as get water. don't drown them.

If you can see any roots coming out the bottom, time to transplant in 2-3gal containers.

Some folks will advise you for larger containers, but I have had great results in 3 gal soil.
    right now I am in 2 gal, but I use coco.

if you transplant soon, you won't need nutes for a while after that.

Nutes need to be added gradually, as you should know.

you're fine.

3. Your plant looks very healthy.

I would think about a transplant soon ... ide go to a 3 gal container. once those leaves grow in they will be green like the rest of them, you have nothing to worry about at this point ... like keep doing what your doing.