Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My advice to beginner smokers on my 10 year anniversary

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fatblunts9-5-4, Aug 3, 2012.

1. #1 fatblunts9-5-4, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    So this Sunday would be my 10th year of everyday smoking if I wasn't currently on my longest break since year 1. Why can't I smoke? Because, I got arrested. Why did I get arrested? That's something I will try to explain through my advice.

Cops. Know your rights and how to explain them respectfully. Know how to deal with cops. First of all if your getting pulled over and it's an amount you can eat you better tough up and eat that shit, good to always have water in the car. If you aren't caught red handed, your actions predict what the cop will think whether or not he's already made a stereotypical assumption. He cannot search you based on a stereotypical assumption legally and one of the best ways to guarantee he wont abuse his powers is to record him. Almost every cell phone today has a video or at the absolute least a voice recorder. Let the cop know hes being recorded. Make sure that he makes it clear why you are being detained.

To search you they must have a reason to have detained you in the first place. When asked about a search say WITH CONFIDENCE, but maintaining respect "My lawyer told me to never consent to any search or seizures without seeing a warrant" if they suspect something they will say " Well, we suspect you are in possession and were gonna be calling in the dogs." PAUSE: wait to see if they actually call the dogs, there is a slight chance they will bluff, the more rural the area the better chance you have for that to happen, but If you are holding under a felony amount it's time to start playing the honesty game. (if you have a felony amount your best bet is to be quiet and SAY NOTHING without a lawyer. The cops will act like your digging your own grave by not talking to them, but it couldn't be more untrue.)

Maintaining the same respect you have carried the whole conversation with say "I'm not going to make you waste time and resources. I have a lil bit of weed on me and I'll show or tell you where it is." Best case scenario: cop throws it out and says "thanks for being honest, don't let me catch you carrying again" worst case scenario you get booked for misdemeanor possession and 8/10 times the honesty factor will work in your advantage to just get a notice to appear in court as opposed to going to jail and having to wait to see a judge.

If police come to your door. SAME RESPECT AND CONFIDENCE. "Why are you here?" "Am I being detained?" if they ask to go inside "My lawyer told me to never consent to any search or seizure without seeing a warrant." It takes about 5-6 hours for them to secure a search warrant if you've been respectful and confident enough they will probably think that whatever you do have
    inside will not be worth their time. If your a dick about it, they're gonna be dicks too. Even if they have you dead to rights with 20 pounds in the house keep your cool and act like they're wasting their time and that you wouldn't want them to waste their precious time

Keep the slick remarks and sarcasm to yourself...instead of saying "shouldn't you be catching murderers and rapists" say a current event, like a recent unsolved murder or robbery and ask if there has been any progress. If you say this in a respectful manner, it should be like a figurative punch in the stomach to him, if you say this in a disrespectful way they might punch you in the stomach. Know your 4th amendment rights.

Smoking while sick Weed might help with fever, body aches, and nausea but smoking while you have any type of respiratory ailment is HORRIBLE for your health. If you vape, make it a veryyy low temp vape session because even though the vapor isn't as bad for your lungs it can be harsh on your throat. If you can, just don't smoke until you feel better, which is a lot easier said then done, but if you have the discipline you are doing yourself a HUGE favor by not smoking while your sick. I imagine we have all heard the horror stories about collapsed lungs and punctured lungs. While I personally haven't experienced something that severe, I have witnessed it first hand.

Sketchy people/dealers if you don't feel right dealing with a certain situation. DON'T. Don't risk your well being and your money just cause you want to get high. Leave the fiend shit to the junkies, remember that any time spent not smoking will equal a better high whenever you do finally smoke. Don't front money out to anyone who you don't trust. With weed, you have a choice. It's not like your going to get sick or seizure from not smoking like you would get from other drugs. If we really want to separate ourselves from all other drug users we have to show that unlike other more addictive drug users we will not push our morals and principles aside just to get high.

There's a lot more...but if I had to choose 3 pieces of advice to give someone who recently started smoking every day it would be these 3.

So this sunday, SMOKE ONE FOR YOUR BOY, if not two. LOL. Happy smoking to all. Be safe, be healthy.

2. Would it be best to wait until you are absolutely sure the dogs are being called in to be honest? Or would refraining from admitting guilt, but then the dogs finding it be worse?

3. My stepdad is a cop, and he told me that no matter what I did wrong, the less you say then the greater your chances are of getting away free. Two weeks ago I got pulled over on my way back from the car dealership, the policeman just pulled up and first thing he said was, "What drugs are in the car?". Im being dead ass serious. I had been in that car for less than 20 minutes and hadn't had a CRUMB of weed in there. It was most likely stereotyped, because I'm black and have dreads and he waz a HUGE beer-gutted man that walked like a polio-ridden penguin.

4. Any advice for girls specifically that are new to smoking?

5. The dogs finding it is worse...That means you had several opportunities to come clean about a little bit of weed and instead you lied.cops are big on honesty. Even in my area that's very well known for police brutality and unlawful search and seizure. Honesty and respect can go a very long way.

6. if your dad's a cop and someone pulled you over and said immediately "where's the drugs?" I would be actively pursuing a harassment lawsuit...they are not allowed to do that.

7. My advice to girls is don't be scared to speak up. Male dealers have reputations to uphold, some petty and weak dealers will try to get over on you if you don't mention the mistake. Like for example this girl I know came over to chill and when I weighed her sack which was supposed to be a 3.5 it was a 3.2...She says "cool. on point." I say hold up wait a minute you paid for an eigth wtf is 3.2? She said she never questioned it because she was scared of the arguement and that it had been this way the whole time she was buying off this dude.

I was RED-HOT because I knew the guy and he was a complete fuckin herb. He would have never tried to pull this on me or any of my friends because we would fuck him up. so I called him up "Ninja, I know you not only have one working scale but several. Why are you shorting my homegirl? That's like shorting me. I quit smoking for a few months and you start skimping my people?" so not only did I get her .3 back but I made him give up a half eigth to make up for all the times he did this. Guess what he tells the girl when we come to pick it up "Why didn't you say something?!?!"

8. thank you :)

9. Advice about being sick is spot on

10. Good advice, one time i had just got off a t break and started smoking everyday again for a week and then i slowly developed a lingering cough with phlegm and next week i am at a 6 month checkup and i find out i had chronic bronchitis the entire time.... hahaha....chronic....:p

11. I didn't get the thing about the collapsed lung? How does that happen?

Not an inexperienced smoker but Ive never heard of this happening to anyone I know.

And edibles are pretty nice when sick.

12. The first part is terrible advice, you should never confess to a crime.

13. i dont really got any questions atm but you know how people say like i wanna be like so and so when i grow up dude i wanna be like you 10 years from now a wise super stoner

14. #14 fatblunts9-5-4, Aug 4, 2012
    As they say "possession is 9/10ths of the law" your just making it harder on yourself if you deny the obvious and the first thing they'll say if you try to talk to them is "you already had your chance to be honest". It's a small amount of weed, not murder, someone's been watching a little too much first 48 or some shit "never confess to a crime" lol if a cop has decided to search you with just cause and you have weed on you what defense are you possibly gonna come up with?

Your talking like there's conspiracy involved. There isn't, there is however a charge called "possession" which is self explanatory. If you have weed and no way to dispose of it or hide it, your gonna get caught when they search you, why make it harder for them and yourself? Shit fuck saving them time, in all honesty I say fuck their time, your saving yourself time if you know your about to be searched and you just give it up as opposed to playing dumb.

15. Yeah, I've experienced some AWESOME smoking experiences I wouldn't trade for anything. Growing, selling, making and perfecting hash and other concentrates, cooking, traveling, exotic bud in exotic places, big glass collections, crazy superstoners with crazy rituals...

I've done and seen lot but getting involved in the system is one this I wish I could have avoided and wish that you have the wits and luck to stay away from trouble. I know people who have been smoking for 30 years and they have never been arrested, I know people who have been arrested like 4 times in the space of a year for possession.

16. Your a boss. Fuck cops, smoke bud.

17. #17 Vicious, Aug 4, 2012
    This is horrible advise, especially if you don't live in a decriminalized state. Never incriminate yourself.

What defense are you talking about, sometimes you have to man up, if you got caught for possession its no one's fault but your own. You don't defend yourself to a cop, you defend yourself to the court.

There is no guarantee you will be caught but you will get a lot further knowing and respectfully exercising your rights. Once you incriminate yourself it's game over. Every time I have seen someone "come clean" they have ended up in cuffs. If you're in a state where it's just a fine, no big deal. If you're in a state where there might be a minimum of outpatient rehab, jail/bail, possible probation, fines and court fees you would be crazy for giving yourself up on the hope they will let you off.

18. This really goes for both sexes, but smoke for your own reasons and not for anyone else. I know many girls who have gone through a "stoner" phase and it's always so transparent that they're either trying to fit in with a certain scene, piss off daddy, or (perhaps most commonly) attract guys who want that fabled "hot stoner chick". Don't be the girl who posts facebook pics of her bongs in an attempt to carve out an image. People (especially guys) can see right through that shit and will probably try to take advantage of you for it. Just be yourself and have fun!

19. here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA]BUSTED: The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters - YouTube[/ame]

20. [quote name='"fatblunts9-5-4"']So this Sunday would be my 10th year of everyday smoking if I wasn't currently on my longest break since year 1. Why can't I smoke? Because, I got arrested. Why did I get arrested? That's something I will try to explain through my advice.

Cops. Know your rights and how to explain them respectfully. Know how to deal with cops. First of all if your getting pulled over and it's an amount you can eat you better tough up and eat that shit, good to always have water in the car. If you aren't caught red handed, your actions predict what the cop will think whether or not he's already made a stereotypical assumption. He cannot search you based on a stereotypical assumption legally and one of the best ways to guarantee he wont abuse his powers is to record him. Almost every cell phone today has a video or at the absolute least a voice recorder. Let the cop know hes being recorded. Make sure that he makes it clear why you are being detained.

To search you they must have a reason to have detained you in the first place. When asked about a search say WITH CONFIDENCE, but maintaining respect "My lawyer told me to never consent to any search or seizures without seeing a warrant" if they suspect something they will say " Well, we suspect you are in possession and were gonna be calling in the dogs." PAUSE: If you are holding under a felony amount it's time to start playing the honesty game. (if you have a felony amount your best bet is to be quiet and SAY NOTHING without a lawyer. The cops will act like your digging your own grave by not talking to them, but it couldn't be more untrue.)

Maintaining the same respect you have carried the whole conversation with say "I'm not going to make you waste time and resources. I have a lil bit of weed on me and I'll show or tell you where it is." Best case scenario: cop throws it out and says "thanks for being honest, don't let me catch you carrying again" worst case scenario you get booked for misdemeanor possession and 8/10 times the honesty factor will work in your advantage to just get a notice to appear in court as opposed to going to jail and having to wait to see a judge.

If police come to your door. SAME RESPECT AND CONFIDENCE. "Why are you here?" "Am I being detained?" if they ask to go inside "My lawyer told me to never consent to any search or seizure without seeing a warrant." It takes about 5-6 hours for them to secure a search warrant if you've been respectful and confident enough they will probably think that whatever you do have
    inside will not be worth their time. If your a dick about it, they're gonna be dicks too. Even if they have you dead to rights with 20 pounds in the house keep your cool and act like they're wasting their time and that you wouldn't want them to waste their precious time

Keep the slick remarks and sarcasm to yourself...instead of saying "shouldn't you be catching murderers and rapists" say a current event, like a recent unsolved murder or robbery and ask if there has been any progress. If you say this in a respectful manner, it should be like a figurative punch in the stomach to him, if you say this in a disrespectful way they might punch you in the stomach. Know your 4th amendment rights.

Smoking while sick Weed might help with fever, body aches, and nausea but smoking while you have any type of respiratory ailment is HORRIBLE for your health. If you vape, make it a veryyy low temp vape session because even though the vapor isn't as bad for your lungs it can be harsh on your throat. If you can, just don't smoke until you feel better, which is a lot easier said then done, but if you have the discipline you are doing yourself a HUGE favor by not smoking while your sick. I imagine we have all heard the horror stories about collapsed lungs and punctured lungs. While I personally haven't experienced something that severe, I have witnessed it first hand.

Sketchy people/dealers if you don't feel right dealing with a certain situation. DON'T. Don't risk your well being and your money just cause you want to get high. Leave the fiend shit to the junkies, remember that any time spent not smoking will equal a better high whenever you do finally smoke. Don't front money out to anyone who you don't trust. With weed, you have a choice. It's not like your going to get sick or seizure from not smoking like you would get from other drugs. If we really want to separate ourselves from all other drug users we have to show that unlike other more addictive drug users we will not push our morals and principles aside just to get high.

There's a lot more...but if I had to choose 3 pieces of advice to give someone who recently started smoking every day it would be these 3.

So this sunday, SMOKE ONE FOR YOUR BOY, if not two. LOL. Happy smoking to all. Be safe, be healthy.[/quote]

you put yourself at risk by recording police. first of all, in some states, wiretapping statutes are still in force which prohibit any sort of recording without both parties consent. now, in theory you would win in court, since it seems like appeals courts agree that it's a first amendment right. but there's significant cost and you still get caught with the weed. even in states where it's legal (most), cops typically aren't aware and will arrest you for "obstructing justice" or something similar. once again, they will very likely have to drop the charges once the prosecutor realizes you were within your rights. but you still get arrested and searched, and the cop will find the weed and bust you for that. so recording police is NOT generally a good idea if you have stuff on you -- unless you can do so discreetly. also, cops totally can search you for fictional reasons: friend of mine (under 21) got searched once for "walking near empty beer cans".