My Adopted Child

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jeeper, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Whats up!

So I received a present about a week ago. A 14 inch, barely living plant. Merry fucking christmas! Well I figured I have nothing else going on so I would try and take care of it. I built a box with white walls and until I get paid again its under a 46w CFL which I keep about three inches from the top of the plant. Its VERY tall and VERY skinny. The bottom ~10 inches of the plant are nothing but stem. But the last 5 inches are where all the branches are.

Since I have gotten the plant she has grown ORANGE hairs all over the top of it. I have seen little things that I believe are pistils(they have two of the orange hairs coming out of them) but then I am also seeing pointy balls at the nodes which look like the forming of seeds. I'm thinking this thing is a hermie but I'm not sure? Any input on this thing?

In the picture you can see a "ball" right next to a "Pistil" with orange hairs coming out of it on the second node from the bottom.
    [​IMG]

2. How many hours of light has it been getting per day? If its on 18 hrs on or more, you know for sure that will not show its sex until its been at least a week or 10 days on the 12 hrs lights and 12 hours off.

If its in the flowering mode, I don't really think that its showing the sex, I believe youre gonna have some more leaves popping out of that area.

3. Thanks for the response! Since I have had her she has been under 18/6. I was just suprised to see these things pop up. They are hard and definitely look like seeds to me. Should I pluck them? Is this thing worth the time?

I just realized its under a 23w cfl. I can't wait for payday! I think I'm going to get a Y-splitter and 2 46watt's. Or should I just add another 23w?

4. Well, I've never used CFL's ... I strictly use metal halide and HPS... BUT the rule is: The more light the better!