My 2nd grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by plukyplums12, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Today I started my second grow after my 1st attempt with some unknown seeds from wish.com all turned out either male or hemp lol (good experience none the less)

I have germinated a heavyweight seeds fully loaded auto feminised seed I got from alibongo and planted it in an 8L round pot this morning
    It was a free seed I got with my order an thought I would try this before the ones I bought for some more experience

Any help or information would be awesome as I am still a total beginner

2. I am growing in a cupboard in my house with a 300w full spectrum meizhi led

Plagron growmix soil

And I have some green fuse root,grow and bloom nutrients

I planted the seed just under an inch into the soil sprinkled some water round it an placed it in my cupboard at 22° and 55% humidity

Now currently hoping for the best and already really excited to see what becomes

3. Should be in good shape, just make sure to water very very light in the beginning

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah av got a 20ml syringe a plan on wetting round about for the first week then take it from there
    Still trying to work out a good light schedule for this grow as av read autos are different to grow

5. Went and checked on things this mornin to see how we are no sign of life just yet but my humidity is sitting at 70% and temp at 22.7° Scottish weather sucks right now pouring with rain outside

6. First sign of life this morning only turned the light on to see a bit better in the cupboard so we'll c what the next day brings us 20180919_113903.jpg

7. Big difference in 9 hours was doing my final check of the night an here we are should I put the light on now or wait until she opens up a bit more 20180919_195343.jpg

8. Light right away and if it is an led make sure it has like 2 feet of distance to the seedling. Some led’s may need more or less space depending on light intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lights went on at 8 this mornin an it's now 9:55 am done my morning check temps at 22.9° with 56% humidity an I am officially taking today as day 1 she's up standing straight (ish) an under the light to start her life
    Really excited and happy now the tense an nervous stage is ended

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Day 3
    Gettin bigger now gave her some water yesterday as looked a little droopy compared to when she started perked her up a bit more today anyway and also dropped the light down to 1ft above
    Going for a 19/5 light schedule because I have read so many different timeframes an I believe all plants need atleast some darkness and couldn't decide on either an 18/6 or 20/4 timescale so in the middle it is lol
    20180921_093058.jpg 20180921_093119.jpg 20180921_093104.jpg

11. Anyone have any suggestions on when to start with the root nutrients or should I just leave it be and only go with the bloom a couple weeks before the end

12. I started giving nutes on first week but in extremely low dose. You can start giving her more nutes at the second weak. The key is micro dosing. Trust me. I burned my lady so many times, she didnt liked it. Afterwards i gave her 1/4 1/3 doses and she loved it! Just be sure not to overwater and burn her.

1 more thing, that you should consider, spraying her with nuts. This was my way to go, as my soil wasnt really air. Cannabis loves airy soil, so you should never over water her. She better likes it dry ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. You really shouldn’t spray your plants unless you want to quickly correct a deficiency with a foliar feeding. You can burn your plants as the water droplets magnify the light.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Watch your watering frequency - overwatering is one of the things many new growers do without realizing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Do you think that foliar feeding is not that efficient as root feeding? What are your thoughts?
    I am a new grower myself, I would appreciate every tip and thought from a more experienced grower:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. I don't think I wet the soil enough to begin with before planting the seed I think that's why I had to give a little top up yesterday am using a syringe to water just now but won't be again for another day or 2

• Like Like x 1
  17. Went and had a look just there an seems to be stretching a bit do you think my light is to far away it's at a foot just now but I am only using the veg switch just now or do you think I should just go full power it's a meizhi 300w led I am using

18. It’s mostly just because it can cause damage to the leaves and it’s not necessary at all.

19. LED’s can cause some stretch I’d turn both switches on and keep it at 2 feet away personally. I kept my 300w Viparspectra at 2 feet and it worked well for seedlings. Could be different with the mezhi but you want a lot of distance at first from the LED’s.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sounds like a plan al do that run the light full an raise it for a few days an see what develops my last grow started of on my kitchen window before I even bought a light so this stage is totally new to me with led