My 2nd Grow, but 1st Time Growing Autos

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 918AutoGrower, May 15, 2018.

1. Very interesting set up. I’m also interested in what your turn outs going to be. I’ve always stayed away from leds but with better technology it seems that leds are getting up there with hids. I’m still a huge skeptic of them but hey who the fuck am I? Lol I certainly have no degrees in science hahaha happy growing my dude

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Big bud auto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I hate you. Lol! I wanted to order some of those so bad but it was so damn hard to choose. I went with C4 Auto, Purple Bullet Auto, and Northern Lights Auto. I have 3 each of those strains. I’m doing the 3x C4 autos next.

Where did you get your seeds from? Who’s the breeder?

4. I shop MSNL super stealth first shipment I almost had a panic attack. Could not find them

5. That’s cool I’ve never heard of MSNL before. They have a nice website. I get my seeds from GYO.green. Love that seedbank.

MSNL’s prices are a little high. GYO lets you purchase singles, 3-packs, 5-packs, etc. They cater to the individual as well as to commercial growers. I don’t want to purchase 5 seeds of 1 strain. GYO also has over 10,500 strains on their website. You also don’t have to pay extra for stealth shipping. All shipments are stealth and their customer service is excellent. Check them out.

If you decide to buy from them let me know. I can send you a referral link where you get a discount and I get a credit towards my next order.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I’ll check it out thanks

7. Well, I finally finished my grow space. I needed a way to vent my exhaust out of the laundry room and my first thought was to just go straight up into the attic. That would probably be more efficient because it is closer to the exhaust fan, but I opted to run a splitter with my clothes dryer, which blows exhaust directly outside into the back yard.

As long as that room can stay cool enough through the day with the door to my laundry room closed, then I’m good. So far the highest temps I’ve seen in the tent is 82 and it was really hot outside in the middle of the afternoon. Fortunately there is an air conditioning vent in the laundry room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. #29 918AutoGrower, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    The last couple days I’ve been watching temps in my grow tent rise and reach 88 and it’s only going to get worse as the summer heat approaches. So, I decided to run some ducting from the A/C vent (in the ceiling) in my laundry room directly into my grow tent! Lol

If this doesn’t prove to be a good solution, I’ll just buy a little portable air conditioner from Lowe’s for $250.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Your plants are looking like strong, stout bushes.

Have you noticed any difference in growth between the 3 pots you're using? Just curious...

11. Thanks,! — The last few days I've had some real problems with drooping. Turns out they ate all the nutrients in the soil and I had the light too close. But, I fed them last night and they seem to look a little better this morning. Honestly, the 5-gallon Lowe's bucket is performing nicely, but it's basically a huge airpot because I drilled holes all the way around it, as well as a bunch on the bottom so it would drain good. I know that the fabric pots are super popular because they promote additional oxygen to the roots, but they are kind of a pain in the ass to water. They don't drain like a regular pot does. They just stay wet on the bottom. I think it's a good idea to not place them directly on the ground, but to put them on some kind of a raised box with holes in it so air flow can get underneath the fabric container. I took a milk crate and just cut the sides off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks to TBoneShuffle's help, my girls are saved! My plants exhausted all the nutrients in the FFOF soil, and it was time to feed them. So, last night, I gave them:

2x quarts of pH'd water + 1 quart of water / nutrient solution that contained 2ml Sensi CalMag (4-0-0), 2ml Fish Fertilizer (5-1-1), and 1.5ml of Advance Nutrients BLOOM (1-3-4).

My new HLG 260watt QB light needed to be moved up also. It was lightly bleaching my purple bullet. Instead of slowly introducing my new light to my girls, they just got thrown underneath them full strength....which, apparently, isn't a good idea!

Anyway, this morning they looked much better, and now they are back on track. I obviously gave them too much Nitrogen last night because of the dark dark green on some of the leaves, so I won't do that again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Busy day today. I decided to flush the purple bullet with just pH’d water. So many problems with that plant — she needed a fresh start. She was nitrogen deficient, calcium deficient, magnesium deficient, and phosphorus deficient.

I gave her 7 gallons of 6.2 - 6.4 water (each gallon varied just a tad) until the runoff was pretty much totally clear...just a little yellowing. PPMs on last runoff during flush was 405, and the last pH I got from the runoff was 5.92, which is on the acidic side but I don’t really think this is a totally accurate measurement anyway. Some growers swear by it, and others say it’s total crap.

So, she is definitely overwatered now! Drooping like crazy....and so I fed her:\
    • 2ml Advanced Nutrients Sensi CalMag (4-0-0)
    • 2tspn Fish fertilizer 5-1-1
    • 2ml Advanced Nutrients BLOOM
    I have no idea what she will look like in the morning, but I guess I'll find out. These were taken just after I flushed and fed her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. well, I guess flushing + feeding was the right move after all. The new growth on my purple bullet isn't all mangled and F'd up. The color looks like the Ca and Mg deficiencies have been corrected. I'll know more with time, but so far so good.

[​IMG]

On a side note, my plants should be MUCH larger than they are right now. In addition to waiting too long to begin feeding them apart from what was already in the FFOF soil, I started them in these huge pots filled with FFOF. I have no doubt that they were stunted early on from being started in these larger containers with very hot soil. My purple bullet is 46 days old. It should definitely be larger than what it is. I realize that it could be the strain, but when you are growing 3 different strains, and they are all smaller than what they should be, you F'd up!

My yield expectations are VERY low right now, and I'm okay with that. I learned more on this grow than I could have imagined....especially at diagnosing and correcting problems! I have also decided that this is going to be my very last Fox Farms grow.

A couple of days ago, I started collecting the ingredients to mix my own organic supersoil. It will be similar to SubCool's hot soil recipe, with some changes / amendments of my own based on the research I've done recently.

Anyway, moving on! Happy growing this week, everyone!

15. My babies are looking good. They are stunted, and about 40% their actual size / growth, but they are growing at least. I have also added a couple more fans. I added two small fans on top of the heatsink because this light runs a bit warmer than I thought it would, and with summer temperatures approaching, I have been seeing temps creep up to 83 - 84 degrees which isn't detrimental, but not ideal either. Temps are holding at 78 now with the additional fans. Piping air conditioning into the tent was a great idea. I'm glad I did that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LST Sticks

On a side note, I created these little sticks I call "LST sticks." They are basically plastic hangers with the bottom cut off the hanger, and then I sharpened one end with my Dremel. I figure it would be better to have a sharp end so when it is pushed into the soil, it wouldn't disrupt the roots or push them too far from where they are or should be. I figure a flat end could potentially disrupt too much below the surface when it is pushed into the soil, but a sharp end could more easily slide into the soil without disrupting much.

After I sharpened one end, I drilled half a dozen small holes about 1/4" apart. The holes are for inserting the rubber coated wire I'm using for LST. In my opinion, they make LST much easier than instead of trying to clip some string or something to the edge of a fabric pot, or even drilling holes in the sides of a plastic Lowe's bucket. I made about 10 of these, but I think I'm gonna go get some wooden dowels from Lowe's and create some LST sticks out of those. Anyway, let me know what you think of these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. #37 918AutoGrower, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Fed the blueberry auto and jack herer auto:

Lightly watered them with about a 1/4 gallon and let them sit for a few minutes, and then gave them 1 liter of pH'd water (6.4 pH) that contained 1tspn of blackstrap unsulphured molasses, 1.5ml of Advanced Nutrients CalMag (5-0-0), 2ml of Fish Fertilizer (5-0-0), and 1ml of Advanced Nutrients Bloom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. not that anyone gives a shit, but here is an update.

The purple bullet is forming a ton of tops. It responds really well to LST. Every single popcorn bud is now a top. The blueberry is getting SUPER BUSHY. The Jack Herer isn't impressive at all. I'm thinking about putting it outside to finish.

I have lots of brown spots on fan leaves with the purple bullet. I'm pretty sure it is from overfeeding because I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm just giving it whatever I think will work. At least it isn't dead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looking good man, think maybe that's why people haven't said anything?
    I would recommend adding more tags to your journal, to start. Have you commented on anyone's journals? If so is a link to your grow in your signature? People didn't comment on my grow for a while then I started doing these things and suddenly they did, because I got it more visible and told more people about it.
    I'm subbing up your grow. Keep updating ladies are looking nice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I do comment on a lot of grows, but I don't have the link to my grow in my signature. That's a good idea. What kind of tags should I add?