My 2nd Grow, but 1st Time Growing Autos

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 918AutoGrower, May 15, 2018.

1. I started this grow not having the supplies I needed. The seeds I ordered from GYO arrived way sooner than expected. So, I started 3 autos with some CFL’s I had laying around. I didn’t do any research, and just bought a cheapo Amazon LED light that had good reviews (300watt) and a decent spectrum for vegetative growth.

Right now, I’m growing:

1. Jack Herer auto (GYO)
    2. Blueberry auto (GYO)
    3. Purple Bullet auto (GYO)

I know that sometimes Fox Farm’s Ocean Forest can be a little hot for seedlings, and since I wanted start these autos in the containers that they are going to finish in, I diluted the Ocean Forest with some potting soil that had very little nutrients in it, along with 30% – 35% of perlite. The purple bullet is in the 5 gallon bucket (with holes in it), the blueberry is in the 5-gallon fabric pot, and the Jack Herer is in the 3-gallon airpot.

These plants don’t have much stretch on them at all because for the first 3 weeks, the CFL’s I was using were WAY too close to the plants. That was mistake #1. I also took them outside a few times because at first I considered growing them outside, so bringing them outside and back inside for a few days was mistake #2. I believe that stunted them a little. Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know.

On April 29th, the first LED light came in and I dumped the CFL’s. Growth accelerated immediately. It wasn’t a “blurple” light. It has more of a white light spectrum and is actually a decent veg light. Then, I ordered a Roleadro 400 watt COB light and started using it on May 11th. It is a great full-spectrum light. After 1 day under the COB light, my plants really showed a change. I couldn’t believe what a difference that light made. This is what led me to look into a quantum board lighting setup.

Yesterday, I ordered the HLG 260watt Quantum Board LED kit with the 288 board in 3000K. I should have it in a few days. I will use the other LED and Roleadro 400watt COB light in a separate tent for a mother plant. I have MANY future grows scheduled. My last piece of equipement arrives tomorrow, so no more of this laundry room crap lol.

Tomorrow I’ll be moving to….

32” x 20” x 63” grow tent (only growing 2 or 3 autos at once)
    260watt QB light, 3000K spectrum
    4” complete exhaust fan + carbon filter

And these are the seeds I have on-hand….

3x Gorilla Glue Auto (Grower’s Choice Seeds)
    3x Northern Lights Auto (GYO Seedbank)
    3x C4 Auto (Fast Buds)
    3x Purple Bullet Auto (GYO Seedbank)

1x Pickled Diesel Auto (Dr Krippling)
    1x NYC Diesel Auto (Advanced Seeds)
    1x Fruit Punch Auto (Heavyweight Seeds)
    1x Dark Purple Auto (Delicious Seeds)

1x Opium (Feminised Photoperiod – Paradise Seeds) – this will be my mother plant. Many many grows will come from this mother. It is a heavy yielding strain. If vegged properly, can easily produce a pound or more outdoors. So, the mother will stay in veg indoors in a small 1-plant tent, and we will take clones from it to grow outdoors.

I’ve never grown autos before, but from reading other journals, it seems to me that my plants should be a lot bigger than they are right now. As of today, the purple bullet in the blue 5 gallon container is almost 6 weeks old. The other two are 5 weeks old. It’s probably time for me to start adding some nutrients. So far they have only received water.

These are a week old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

April 20th, 2 weeks old

[​IMG]

April 21st

[​IMG]

April 22nd

[​IMG]

April 24th

[​IMG]

April 29th

[​IMG]

April 30th

[​IMG]

May 5th

[​IMG]

May 6th

[​IMG]

May 8th

[​IMG]

May 11th

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

May 12th

[​IMG]

May 13th

[​IMG]

May 14th

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. I'm in I'm curious how it turns out for you

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks! They are starting to grow faster, but I still believe I stunted them early on. We will find out, I guess. Plus my QB light will be here in a few days. Maybe that will wake them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hell yeah iv never been into autos but im rooting for you

5. Hahaha thanks man I need all the help I can get.

6. Wow that LED does work huh?

7. It surprised me. It is a pretty good little light. Two of those would work great in a 2x2 tent. But the same money could also buy a QB light which would do even better.

8. them lights need to be right close to the leaf tips

and a small fan added for the stomata to breathe

an even balance of cool and warm white cfl's is best for correct growth

good luck

9. Just an update. I went an entire week without watering. I wanted them to dry out completely between waterings...to give them water just before they start drooping from the lack of water. That was last night, and this morning they are peeking up nicely. The purple bullet is finally getting some legs along with a nice even canopy.

[​IMG]

The Blueberry is starting to fill in with the undergrowth coming up to form a canopy...

[​IMG]

10. Woohoo! My tent just arrived!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Finally got the tent and exhaust setup. Next I gotta see if I have enough cold air being pumped into my laundry room. This 200 CFM fan is more than enough movement.

My QB 260watt arrives tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. Right now I have the vent going out where my clothes dryer is usually hooked up but that means I’ll have to u unhook it and hook up my dryer again when I want to do laundry. So I think I’m going to vent the scrubbed air straight up into the attic.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Looks like my purple bullet is showing signs of flowering. She is way ahead of schedule. This is the last time I grow different auto strains together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. why are two of them so far on the end of the pots? Did they just grow like that?

15. Because I pulled the tops down to train them so that each bud site gets maximum exposure to light and develops a larger cola. They are all planted in the center of each container.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Woohoo! My HLG 260watt QB light just arrived. Now I just gotta watch a YouTube video on how to put it together and I’m in business. Lol

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. Well the arrivals of my light was great timing. I woke up to preflower pistils on all 3 plants. Bring on the QB flower power

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. In her 4 hours of darkness early this morning, my Purple Bullet really perked up and is entering into flowering quickly. Not sure what’s up with the bud sites. They are a little droopy — never seen that before. I’m pretty sure it’s because they need nutes. I haven’t fed her anything yet. The purple bullet is in FFOF with 35% perlite so it has had plenty of nutrients until now.

[​IMG]

Probably going to give her some Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) and a tad of fish fertilizer (5-1-1).

Later on when they really start to move into heavy bud production, she’ll be getting some Advanced Nutrients BLOOM

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Did some LST on my Purple Bullet. All 3 plants are so short and bushy that they have been difficult to train until now. They are just now getting long enough to where they can be pulled down and tied off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. I’m using the same nutes doing great, nice light IMG_3936.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1