My 2nd Grow, but 1st Time Growing Autos

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 918AutoGrower, May 15, 2018.

1. You got me interested in what kind of trimmers you have. I have some Fiskars titanium coated springloaded thingamajiggers.

2. Sago Brothers Bonsai Scissors, Pruning Shears for Bud and Leaves Trimmer 5 PCS from Amazon.

Screenshot_20180913-102503_Amazon Shopping.jpg

They're great, very easy to use. They might feel a bit small but I think it just makes them easier to wield. We'll see how the trim goes here in about 2 months. They're really affordable, too.

3. Everything going good so far. I top-dressed some of the supersoil that I'm using for my clones to give them a little boost as they are transitioning into flower. The mother got 1 gallon of Recharge mixed at 1 tspn / gal.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I have no idea how long of a flowering period these Jacks need to finish. I should probably check with the breeder. I hope it's a short one.

EDIT: I just checked....it is an 8-10 week flowering cycle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. My girls are lookin fine! I added 2x 2700K 96-diode boards to my light to give it a better flowering spectrum. Not much to report...other than they are growing fast and exceeding my expectations so far.

I am realizing that the plants are too close together, and with the space I'm in, I'm unable to train them any more than I already have, which is bad because the colas are going to end up being way too close together. Jack Herer can get pretty tall...as she is a large yielder. So, I purchased a 5 x 5 tent that will go in my bedroom. I guess I'll break down all this crap in my laundry room and move into my bedroom. This will help me to use more of the central air & heat system instead of running my portable A/C 24/7. Hopefully that will bring down my energy bill. Which also means I'm going to be getting more QB's....probably a bunch of QB 132s. Anyway, more to come on that once it arrives and I get it setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. One more thing....I haven't posted about it much, but here is a picture of my Jack Herer auto. She is doing good. She's in Nature's Living Soil supersoil. She is at 51 days so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Man Jack Herer never ceases to impress me with her insane growth. I'm glad to hear you have a game plan in place to give her room to breathe. I tip my hat to you, sir.

7. I know it kinda makes me sad that I won’t have any more of this pheno. And to think....my mother plant was suppose to be a Jack Herer Auto but the seedbank sent me a photoperiod JH instead of an auto. I was at day 72 when it dawned on me that she must be a photoperiod plant. And I decided to just veg her out and see how big she could get. I wouldn’t even be doing this grow if GYO had not made a simple mistake! Lol

The seedbank later corrected their mistake by sending me a JH Auto (which I’m growing right now).

I think I want to (one day) grow JH again, but choose a different breeder. It would be interesting to see the difference.

On a side note, I am germinating 2 more Purple Bullet Autos! I pulled 5oz from the first Purple Bullet Auto I grew (which was also my very first auto). I would LOVE to repeat that and pull 10 zips from 2 autos!!

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

8. Great journal and really enjoy your attention to detail. I'm really interested in how you LST the autos and going to follow any details on your Purple Bullets!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you that means a lot to me.

10. I did some more defoliating on the mother today. I have also ordered a 5 x 5 tent because I will clearly not have enough room to flower the 6 Jack Herer clones in this little 32" x 32" tent. It's time to scale things up drastically.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. My 5 x 5 tent should arrive tomorrow and I'll be able to spread these girls out a little more. They are cram packed in this little 32" x 32" tent. They are doing well, and are recovering from defoliation nicely. The mother seems to be responding to the additional P & K that I gave her yesterday. I saw some leaf tips curling and getting a bit crispy which leads me to believe that there was a slight P & K deficiency. So I added some KoolBloom in the usual nutrient mix, and it seems to have helped. Anyway, here they are. Can anyone find Waldo? Has no one noticed that I've been placing Waldo in my photos for a couple weeks? lmao

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are some pictures of my Jack Herer Auto. She is doing well. Gonna have some thick buds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moving right along....I'm really glad I purchased the dehumidifier. Flowering cycle is SO different when you can control humidity. The plants feed differently, and I've noticed that they start making trichomes much faster when they are in low humidity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My new 5 X 5 grow tent arrived which means I need to buy another light. I already have 1 HLG 260, but I need to either score 8x QB 132's and push them hard, or build something with QB 288's. Either way, the coverage has to be good enough to cover this new 5 x 5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well I am disappointed and frustrated that my plants have stretched almost not at all. I have to figure out why my plants aren't stretching. I feel like I have every tool at my disposal and I don't know what to do.

On a good note, they are frosting up really well....much faster than any other plant that I've taken through flowering. I think I can attribute that to the lower humidity. I've never grown with a dehumidifier until now, and my girls seem to be packing on the trichomes much earlier in flower. I usually don't see this type of trichome production until very late in flower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. And here is my Jack Herer auto. I feel like she is doing really well. I'm expecting a couple zips of some quality smoke from her. The colas are going to be nice and tall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Let the fun begin in the new 5 x 5. I haven’t decided what Light I’m going to put in here yet.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. The buds are finally starting to pack on some weight. I'm loving this! I have always wanted to do a grow like this. It's like a dream come true! They are getting super frosty, too.

I have about 2 more weeks to go before I do my final leaf strip. That will be the last time she gets defoliated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. And here is the Jack Herer Auto. I love how this one is shaping out. She is starting to thicken up and pack on the sugar. AND, this auto has been under 12/12 for more than half of her life. I don't have another place for her to be under a good light for 20/4. But, my Gorilla Glue Auto comparison grow is almost finished. So, when I chop my GG's, I'll put this JH Auto in my smaller tent with my COBs to finish out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Finally....my Jack Herer plants are starting to look like delicious, ripe cannabis! They are really packing on the weight and are growing like freaking crazy. I am so excited to harvest these plants! The mother is feeding every two days, and the clones are in supersoil, so I'm just giving them Recharge and very small amounts of Flower Fuel (which is pretty much just langbeinite). I am blown away at how much of a difference a good dehumidifier makes when you have plants in flower. It's pretty amazing. My dehumidifer pulls 5 gallons of water out of the air every 28-30 hours. That's nuts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. And I have been nothing but impressed with this Jack Herer Auto. She has grown very well considering she has only known 12/12 lighting. I just don't have another place for her to flower, but I will in a few days after I chop down my Gorilla Glue Autos. I'll be able to put my JH Auto in the tent where the GG's currently are. This way my JH Auto will be able to really pack on as much as she can under 20/4 lighting for the last few weeks before chop. Anyway, here she is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. I thought I would post some new pictures of my new grow space. This is the last setup I needed to build to establish my perpetual grow for my photoperiod plants. I have my perpetual for my autos going strong.

My new light came in today! It is 4 feet long, and has 8 bulbs. I have decided to use T5's for veg for a while. I've been using my 3000K quantum boards for veg and flower, and my node space has been so freaking tight and I'm not getting any stretch. I want my plants to be much taller! I feel like I'm losing out on a lot of bud by keeping my plants so small. I'm not growing in tiny spaces, so there's no reason to keep everything short. Just thought I'd mix things up a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]