My 2 cents

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by THCMaksMeHungry, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heres some stuff i'd like to see on the forum...
    I don't know much about running websites or anything so please don't get mad if my suggestions seem implausible or ricockulous.

1. Name Changes
    Not sure what type of forum this is, whether it be vBulliten or whatever, but I don't think it's hard to change names on a forum. On other forums you can request name changes and they're done pretty fast by mods, it's just restricted to like once in a lifetime. Just a thought.

2. Bigger Avatars & Sigs
    I feel so constricted with these limits on everyone pictures and everything. I think larger avatars always look better and are more entertaining. Not sure if it takes up more space on the forum or whatever, but I find it more attractive when browsing a forum.

3. Thanks System
    I feel like the "Thanks" button system works a lot better than the rep system. I bet a lot of people don't know how to give rep to people, and the thanks button essentially works the same, but it's easier. I know you'd probably have to do some serious modzors to do that, but I'm just sayin. And I'm not sure if the new "thanks" system is directly linked to facebook or rep, or neither? Can someone tell me?

Actually those are the only things that irritate me. I like the rest of the forum :) Stay up blades & GC :smoke:

2. Well, for the low low price of 30 dollars, you can have a massive sig! And special avatar features! Also, rep is kind of like saying thanks isn't it, if someone has rep it means people appreciated their posts enough to give them reputation for said posts. And I think name changes would be sooo confusing, cause then it's like who the hell is this.

Just my 2 cents though

3. 1) Thats something SJ will have to look at, but Im sure if it could be done, it would be. Many people want to change their name, and having to sort through them and delete accounts takes a lot of time they dont have

2) This is availible with a paid membership

3) http://forum.grasscity.com/general-feedback/348087-reputation-faq.html

The 'like' system is not linked to FB

4. I'm still waiting for the day I can change this stupid name :cool:

5. #5 RMJL, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011

1. Name changes affect the integrity of the forums. I mean, what if? SJ changed his name, I changed my name, AugustWest changed his name, junkiedays changed her name, mushroomsatsuji changed his name, unoit changed his name, sensimil changed her name, Royksopp changed her name...I could go on and on but I think my point is pretty clear. :)

SJ wants the integrity of the forums maintained. That's why we don't mass-delete posts. They are all part of the history of the Grasscity Community...even as far back as when it was coffeeshop-amsterdam.com. (I think that was it...long time ago.) This is SJ's baby...and it has serious history wrapped up in it. You just can't go f'n around with the integrity of something so incredible as our community.

2. SJ is rather firm about signature limits, avatar sizes and such. Besides, your sig/avatar may say a little about you but your posts and their quality say a whole lot more. ;) (And what mushroom said! :p)

3. We just put in the Like system. I think a Thanks system might be overkill.

6. You have some valid points there. I understand the restrictions on graphics, even though I think they are still low for basic members. And I can understand mods not changing their names, but other members who just don't like their name? Not sure how much of that has to do with integrity.

Anyways, I still love the forum :smoke:

7. I've always really wanted to try to get you to let me change my name for April Fool's day. :devious:

How fun would it be if we switched user names for a day? Like change my name to mat369 and turn mat369 into junkiedays.

AWESOME.

Okay, maybe only in my head. But my head is an awesome place. :rolleyes:

8. #8 RMJL, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2011

Only 3 people besides myself that I listed are on the Mod team, dude...and one owns the place. However, with as long as we've been around and with as many members as we have, changing names isn't good for our community when it comes down to maintaining the integrity of the forums.

Let's say namron_420s changed his name to LetsGetItOn...every time you see a reply to one of his posts with people addressing him as namron, Norm, Normsy Poo (whatever it is we all call him), then you'll be going "who the F is namron....dude's name is LetsGetItOn. The members are crazy here!!!" ;)

It just isn't something we're going to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.