My 1st Set up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by senor_GANJ, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Here is what I have set up now they are seeds ive managed to find over the past 6 months from every dank pickup ive gotten, the bigger plant is about 7 days above soil and the little one is about 3.

Closet.JPG
    Inside the closet stays about 78-80 degrees and i have a fan set up inside for air circulation and to help strengthen plants.

The cups with nothing have germinated seeds that sprouted so waiting on them.

Please understand this is my 1st time ever, and Im limited to small funds.

Im using agro lites i got at home depot, and a tube plant light from walmart.

I bought organic soil from home depot there selection isnt huge due to its not season. Its levels on the back say 10/7/5.

I also bought some nutrients, but dont know when to use them.

Heres pictures:

Bigger plant (Can someone explain why this one has stretched so long?)
    Ive kept one light above it by 2-3 inches.
    Closet2.JPG
    Closet4.JPG

Smaller plant:
    Closet3.JPG

Input/help is taken with arms open.

2. High there, seedlings can stretch very fast when just getting going. It is stretching to get to the light. I do not know about the lights you are using but they look poor. You should get some cfl's, the more the better. They run quite cool and can be put closer to the seedlings for less stretching! You have six MJ plants under just those lights so don't expect much. Also if you are lucky enough to get a female she wont flower under those and should she reach flowering she is going to stink.

Also white paint will do a better job than foil if you don't want to buy mylar. As you can see though you still have more reading, planning and spending to do! Sorry to sound negative but you should have done some reading before starting your seeds. Stay away from the nutes for at least 2 weeks!

Good luck

3. Hey GANJ... if you want these plants to succeed you will need a lot more light. You should immediately replace the two plain bulbs you have with CFL bulbs, preferably bulbs with a color temperature of 6500. Do you know the color temp of the bulbs in the wall mounted grow light you're using? Check that and replace the bulbs if the color temp is less than 5000.

Using fluorescent lights (your grow lamp and any CFLs) you should have the light on top of the plants right now, as close as you can get, like 1 to 3 inches away. As Usual_suspect said, your larger sprout is stretching toward a light source. When the light is right on top of the plants they don't stretch and will get fatter, not taller. CFL lighting can be the most affordable option. Check out Kamel's Guide and get yerself some more light!

Good luck!

4. Ah those purple grow bulbs... put out a lot of heat and little light. You would be better off with some CFL bubls or a small T5 in there.

5. Your setup looks very similar to my very first grow that I did almost 20 years ago. :cool:
    This setup is perfect for any newbie, for the fact that you might not like growing at all.
    If you choose to quit, you won't have that much money invested in something you don't
    like.
    But.....you might not like growing after this grow because your plants under these lights
    will grow extremely lanky, and they probably won't produce anything that's smokable.
    So it's a double edged sword. You can invest a little to get crappy plants, or you
    can invest alot to get really nice plants.

Either way, I hope it works out for you....Good Luck.

6. hey man looks good im a noob to and i have a question or two. 1 i see u have that plant light what kind of bulb is it and did it come with the lamp. and what r the other two light for

7. The bulbs are two sixty watt agrolite plant bulbs. The lamps are a hanging work lamp, and just a regular table lamp. With the tube plant light in the back.

I plan on going to walmart this afternoon and getting a 6 pack of 30 watt cfls...

I have no idea where to get the basic fixture to put the bulb in...like one you would have in a shed or garage. the basic white bulb fixture.