My 1st Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growkings, Nov 26, 2012.

1. #1 growkings, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2012

Hey guys

This is my first indoor grow before my good seeds come in.
    good seed will be
    White Widow Feminized receved both in mail today 11 28 2012
    Cristal Cloud Feminize both were from www.ministryofcannabis.com
    Ak 49 Feminized auto bloom receved today from www.marijuana-seeds-canada.com 5 days wow orderd 11/19/12 will be germing today

These seeds are from a buddy of mine that has been growingout doors for years so he gave me litterly a bag of them to experiment with don’tknow the bread or strain but he did buy them at a seed bank down the street so.

ok started out with the basic of basic to germinate papertowels damped for three days some sprouted fasted then others so Planted seed after germination into soil I found around outside

they spouted so I noticed a couple dyeing b/c of soil i guess burning of leaves falling over so Iwent a week and a couple days later to the hard ware store got pots and newsoil got a 0,15 0.15 0.15 high moisture poting soil with 15 -30-15 water fert
    Replanted all but still was using same light the lights are3 13watt 120v 60hz 180ma with 825 lumens plants didn’t seem to be taking off atall so I did some researched on lighting noticed I need 6500k for veg and 300klight for blooming/flowering stage so then went out bought a 4 bulb 32w 6500kcfl over top light that takes the tubes that was two days ago so here are thepics of the progress of my work

Also have a heater in the closet as i do live in canada and it gets fucking cold in my place to keep the room temp at a stedy 27-30 C (80-86 F) dont know what i can do with ventalation any help on that up for anything
    Havent used any ferts yet

what would be the best way to germ the new seed did the last seeds between to wet papertowels.

comments are welcome

Attached Files:

2. #2 growkings, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012

Package I just received Ak49 Feminized Auto bloom

The Reveling of the seeds

Starting to Germ today will keep you updated

Attached Files:

3. Follow Grmination 420 tread up in here.
    I followed it a few times. All right on. You always run a chance to kill one or two beens during th egermination process but the guide has been working for me thus far.
    Good luck

4. nice! im subbed. be careful with your soil, its looks really wet and muddy! they dont like this enviornment, but yours seem to be growing very fast.

remove the part about giving seeds away. this thread will get closed and you will receive an infraction if not

5. You got a link for it?

6. yours germinated fine, so whatever you did was good for the seeds.

in general seeds like warmth and humidity to hatch, just like a chickens eggs.

i suggest soaking a paper towel with hot water and ringing it out, then put it in a zip-lock bag, close tightly and put in a dark spot for 48 hrs.

7. #8 growkings, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    !!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

so you think there on sceduale they been threw alot just to get everything set up with lights and soil stuff but when i changed the light i noticed a differnce...
    :) ya just watered them thats why :)
    thanks for the update about seeds

8. so just germanated at 7:00 pm tonight 11/26.12 for the ak 49 auto bloom hoping for the best

9. good luck. i will be here to help you along the way. it looks like you need some better soil, but the plants seem to be doing fine in it.

10. #11 growkings, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012

what would you recomend b/c i will be transplanting soon?
    My options

Was thinking this for my new seeds when they crack open.

Natural Premium Seed Starting M
    Nature Mix All Purpose Potting Soil is an organic indoor/outdoor potting soil. This premium mixture contains peat moss, enhanced compost, perlite and vermiculite. A special mixture rich in organic matter and provides excellent aeration and drainage while enhancing your plants’ nutrient retention. Ideal for new potting and transplanting existing plants. Available in a convenient 10 litre bag, ready to use.
    • An organic, ready-to-use soil mix
    • Containing peat moss, humus, compost, perlite and vermiculite
    • This special mixture is rich in organic matter and provides excellent aeration and drainage
    • Enhances your plants’ nutrient retentionix

And these are my options from HomDepo
    SEARCH - Soil - Home Improvement, Home Renovation, Tools, & Hardware | Home Depot Canada

Nature Mix
    Nature Mix Vegetable Gardens and Herb Mix 30 - Litres
    When less is more. The name says it all - Nature Mix. This is our most nature-friendly family of products. Specially prepared for vegetable gardens. It has everything Mother Nature intended to put in. Nothing less, nothing more.
    • OMRI certified 100% Organic soil mixture
    • Contains a rich blend of compost, peat moss, humus and sand
    • Premium quality for rich harvests

Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Garden Soil - 28.3 Litre quality for rich harvests
    Helps to grow plants twice as big - naturally!
    • For planting in-ground vegetable, flower and herb gardens
    • Provides both quick and slow release nitrogen feeding to promote healthy plants and flowers
    • Helps to grow plants twice as big - naturally!
    • CNature Mix

Natural Premium Seed Starting Mix - 10 Litreontains only natural and organic ingredients
    Nature Mix All Purpose Potting Soil is an organic indoor/outdoor potting soil. This premium mixture contains peat moss, enhanced compost, perlite and vermiculite. A special mixture rich in organic matter and provides excellent aeration and drainage while enhancing your plants’ nutrient retention. Ideal for new potting and transplanting existing plants. Available in a convenient 10 litre bag, ready to use.
    • An organic, ready-to-use soil mix
    • Containing peat moss, humus, compost, perlite and vermiculite
    • This special mixture is rich in organic matter and provides excellent aeration and drainage
    • Enhances your plants’ nutrient retention

Miracle-Gro Garden Soil Plus for Flowers and Vegetables
    Premium pre-mixed blend of organic materials such as sphagnum peat and manure. This garden soil has an NPK ratio of 0.15 – 0.05 – 0.10 and is specially formulated for in-ground annuals, perennials & vegetables. It is designed to be mixed in the ground 50/50 with existing soil
    • enriched with Miracle-Gro Slow Release Plant Food that feeds for 3 months
    • helps loosen heavy soils and improve drainage to allow roots to grow big and strong
    • helps grow plants twice as big with more abundant vegetables and blooms than regular top soil

Natural Premium Potting Soil - 30 Litre
    Schultz Horticultural Vermiculite is a 100% all natural product to be used as a soil amendment. Vermiculite helps to promote water retention and increase aeration in soil aeration. Vermiculite provides a reservoir for roots to access water from. Vermiculite will help reduce and balance the water requirements of plants. Ideal for all types of container planting. Available in a convenient 9 litre re-sealable bag.
    • A natural way to increase soil porosity
    • Encourages strong root development
    • Helps improve water retention
    • Use with peat moss for a light weight soil mixture

You Think I should get a extra bag of perlit to add to the mixture?

11. im a qualified horticulturist , so this should be a doodle - my seeds have germinated and sprouted . I am on day 20 and they are about 1 inch tall - lots of roots - i started them in a heated propagator - and have just transfered 1 into a bigger pot - gently i may add ... im still researching lights and growing boxes ...

12. I would go with one of the nature or natural m bags since they sound like they have good mixes and the bag isnt huge

13. #14 growkings, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
    So Update

I Lowered the lights to about 5" away from plants and added reflective tin foil underneath and on all around walls for reflecting the light.

Wow Cant believe how bright it is now sunglasses bright

Germination of AK auto bloom: checked at AM this morning nothing yet.

Attached Files:

14. Very hopefull it will work.
    I know how exited you are :)

I will be there in a month, germinating my girls ...
    Keep us updated

15. #16 bmeat, Nov 27, 2012
    they look great!! move them a bit closer to the light (with cfls, the closer the better) and get a fan in there pointed at the lights. if you have a small fan pointed at the lights, you can get the plants really really close without burning them

how did your hydro system work out for that other plant?

16. #17 growkings, Nov 28, 2012
    When do you guys think i should start giveing nut water to them?
    or sould i at all the 3rd set of leafs are comming i can see them...

Update:
    Ak49 auto i think is just starting to split :) cheacked today at 8am
    so may be on sceduale for three day germ.

new pics of plants
    .....They got alot bigger......

Attached Files:

17. wow theyre growing fast! no nutes until those two little round leaves start to fall off. they are food storage leaves for the baby plant

youll do fine with 0 nutes if you have soil with good flora

18. Ahhhh wow thats what those little leaves are wow i just learned something ha ha
    wow lol
    was wondering i i could of berry those well you learn something new everyday

19. #20 growkings, Nov 28, 2012
    Well Guys Just received my seeds wight widow and crystal cloud today will start to germinate in 2hr or so

Germanated them today 11/28/2012 2pm

cant wait...

Attached Files: