My 1st grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by liljables, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hey GC, first time poster and grower so bear with me.
    Im starting a small grow op in my closet with a cabinet I made(60"/24"/45"), and all knowledge I have is from creeping on here and talking to my dad(who's grown for 25+ years). Right now I've got 2 plants started about a week in(2days grem/5 in soil) with 4 more seeds germinating. I've got the 2 under 3 100W/1600L CFLs at 24/0 in my dad's homemade soil mix he uses, he also gave some nutes(couldnt remember the brand) that is 30-10-10 N-P-K, haven't put those in yet.

How does this sound? Good/Bad?

My only question at this point is they sprouted in about 24 hours, and quickly sprouted 2 sets of leaves(one round and one regular looking jagged ones) within a day and a half. But I barely noticed any change in the last 2 1/2 days, i can see another set of leaves starting(just 2 little spikes now) but they seem so much slower, do I have a problem?

Pointers/tips very appreciated!! Thanks!

2. Pics comings soon!

3. It seems your nutes might be for the Veg stage and you might do better by getting a 2nd nute that you use during the flower stage. Remember to check if your dads soil has nutes in it already. If it does you can hold off on the nutes for 1-3 weeks depending on the nute content. Anytime you add new soil / repot you are possibly adding nutes as well with the soil. Hope this helps.

4. Thanks man, yeah i figured i would need different nutes for flowering, this stuff was all he had cause he starts his indoors then moves them outside for flowering.

5. Pics!!
    That's about day 8(?) from seeds, and that yellowing was just the flash. How do they look?

Attached Files:

6. My opinion fine. But I have never grown from seed.

7. Looks like theres just a bit too much nitrogen for seedlings. Always start in plain peat, perlite mixture and then transplant to regular soil when the plant have 2 or 3 nodes.

A seedling that young needs very little if no nitrogen at all so I'd find out whats in the soil.

8. UPDATE: 2 Weeks old
    Both of them are on their 5th set of leaves, and I've started LSTing them too!

Attached Files:

9. Also, I plan on flowering them pretty soon due to space issues, is it too early to FIM them?