My 1st Grow!!! Check it out!!! Strain??

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by carlover323, Feb 3, 2009.

1. What up GC?

I'm writing this baked, so if I ramble, bear with me. I cloned a plant that was already flowering and i got some bushy looking girls goin..:D

The setup:
    2.5' x 2.5' x 5' Closet with mylar (dollar store gift wrap!)
    FFOF + perlite
    8 x 26w 6500k CFL's ~2" from plants
    4 x 26w 2700k CFL's ~2" from plants
    Small Fan for circulation
    70 - 82 degrees (IR Temp gun on tops of plants)
    25 - 40% rh...a bit low, but not too worried.
    Distilled water every 3-4 days with runoff btw 6.2-6.4 pH.
    Alaska Fish, Seaweed, SUPERthrive for veg. Any guano suggestions? We were thinking Indonesian or Jamaican...

When i started, the cuttings were about 3 inches each. They're now at about 8-10 inches and they were planted into soil on 1/12/09.

They get their pH and ferts checked regularly.

Please post any questions, comments (and possibly) compliments about what I'm doing here...

car lover :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Also, I forgot. Should these ladies be tied down for LST or topped?

Let me know....

car lover...

3. Nice plants man. They seem pretty short but reallly branchy. Since they seem this way I would go with LST, just tie down about every branch outwards and you should have a nice bushy plant in a few weeks. keep up the good work

4. Thanks for the reassurance bro.. i'll probably start tyin them down next week.

will post updates soon!!!!:yay:

car lover:smoke::smoke:

5. Should i trim around the heartline? there's a lot of lower growth from when i cloned. (b/c they were in flowering when they were cut) let me know bcause i just realized that they need to be tied down today!!!

car lover:D

6. well i LST'ed 2 of the girls. i have enclosed pics of the heartlines of both so that will be in addition to my question that i posted earlier.

Check out the Pics!!!!

naturally, questions, comments, etc. always welcome!!:D:D:D

carlover:smoke:

P.S. the last pic is of one of the Heartlines. they both basically look the same though...

Attached Files:

7. any ideas??

8. nothin guys?? i'm surprised! :eek::eek::eek:

9. Hey there...

looks good so far.

One thing I would do though, is find your thickest 3 or 4 branches, & cut off everything else. Your lighting just won't be strong enough to support all those branches, & they will ultimately die off.

Not to mention that you will also get bigger buds come flowering. Try to add more lighting if you can.

Other than that, the plants look healthy.

10. one of the plants that's in there is goin away... right now i'm at 312w for 3 plants and i'll eventually have 2 under 416w total for flowering. should i still cut off all but 3-4 branches? or will 200+ watts/plant, (eventually) be enough?

carlover:D

11. also, should i LST the plant that i wanna give away? is it harder to grow the LST way or naturally?

carlover

12. Yeah...I would still cut off the smallest branches. You don't necessarily have to keep 3 or 4, but if the branches are super thin & small, just clip them off, & the other branches will grow much thicker & stronger.

I have 2000 watts I use for my grow, & even with that much light I get a lot of my lower branches & leaves that just yellow & die off.

If you don't wanna cut off too many branches, just cut off the ones that are nearest the soil line.

If you LST them, they will have a better chance of all receiving light, so that is a good idea.

13. thanks a lot dude!!!! i'll do that! let u know how it progresses...
    +rep!!!

14. you're welcome. The trick is just to read as much info as you can about marijuana growing. I must say....You are doing much, much better than most beginners though.;)

15. good to hear bro!! please keep checking back to give me some advice... it'll be great to have someone that knows what they're doin help me out a little bit.

16. #16 ThePot, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    Don't be afraid to really tie them down. Yes, it should be done slowly and carefully, and preferably sober, but they can take it. From the pics you posted it seems like you just kinda bent them a little? reallly tie them down as far as they can go. I could only find one pic to post for ya from my personal experience. Another one in my gallery couldn't figure out how to post it here...

Attached Files:

17. so i think that tomorrowi'm goin to tie them down more. i was just afraid that they wouldnt be able to take the stress of LST. should i aim for a 90 degree angle for all the stems?
    how far should i pull them down?

let me know asap!!

18. what kind of bud is this?

19. reread the thread.:confused::confused::confused:

i'm still trying to figure that out....;)

20. Well IMO, the most important is the main stem. Although you have to be really careful with it, it being properly LSTd is key. Ive been able to get about a 90* angle out of it, bending it down almost to the rim of the pot. Other stems don't need to be done so much at the beginning but as time goes on you will want to tie it down further as more leaves and sites grow out