My 1st Grow And Journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kilo kwali, Jun 23, 2005.

1. ok... i just typed up this whole big thing and it got erased so im pretty pissed off!!! :mad:

OK, this is my first grow ever... I dont know what strand i am growing but supposidly its sometihng similar to unito. A friend on GC hooked me up and I want to thank him. :D

.: I germinated and planted 10 seeds today in some miracle grow poting soil that i purchased for 20 bucks for 2 cubic feet and I added in a bunch of vermiculite and permulite (spelling?). The total came to $30 bucks and I think thats pretty resonable?

heres what i got so far for pictures.. i will make sure i get more after my babies appear from underground : http://community.webshots.com/user/igrow4fun

QUESTION #1) HOW OFTEN DO I WATER NOW... HOW OFTEN DO I WATER AFTER THEY APPEAR FROM THE GROUND?

QUESTION #2) WOULD IT BE OK TO PUT CHICKEN WIRE AROUND THE PLANTS SO ANIMALS CANT EAT THEM? (I AM IN AN AREA WHERE NO ONE WILL BE SEEING THE PLANTS)

QUESTION #3) IS LST (?) REALLY NECCESARY? :confused:

QUESTION #4) IS TOO MUCH VERMICULITE AND PERMICULITE BAD?

QUESTION #5 ) MOST PLANTS ARE SPREAD OUT, BUT SOME PLANTS ARE A LITTLE OVER A FOOT APART... IS THIS OK?

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GUYS! I LOOK FOWARD TO TALKING ABOUT MY GROW WITH YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

2. nice site dude!
    as for the questions...
    1) Id say keep the soil pretty moist untill they get to about 5 inches,then only water wen the soil is dry
    2) absolutly! just dont put it too close to your babies
    3) I've never done it cause I have a very sunny spot that gets direct sun light all day but I hear for not so good sites LST really helps. your site looks like it doesn't need it
    4) yes there is such a thing as too much for anything you give your plants (exclude sunlight)
    5) it depends on 2 things...
    1. if your growing weed and you only want bud,you need to move the males away so they dont polinate your females
    2. If plants are too close they will start competing with each other and you will end up with 4 GIANT plants and 6 tiny ones.
    so in the end id say leave em' at least a yard apart from each other.

hope this helps you out:)

3. ^^^Good stuff^^... Miracle Grow isn't the greatest soil though... But it's certainly not the worst either. Don't use any ferts for a while, as well...

Also... Have you read any grow guides? If not you might want to read a few different ones to get a broader understanding...

4. nice plot, i have some questions
    what are the white boards?
    what is LST?
    how far away from everything is your plot?
    the larger the hole the bigger the plant, something to keep in mind. loose soil does wonders.

5. white boards are just some pieces of wood... before i actually dug and stuff, i planned out teh site and put down the boards over where i planned to have plants... the reason for this is b/c if there is a board over the grass and stuff, it wil kill all the weeds and shit so when i do plant, there will be no comp. (hope this makes sense... im not all here right now)

lst - i wasnt sure if i had the correct letters, but its when you like bend the stalk of the plant to get it to grow in different directions and stuff.

its pretty far away...

thanks guys!

new pics to come!

QUESTOIN #6: OK, I GERMINATED AND PLANTED THE PLANTS ABOUT AND INCH AND A HALF OR AN INCH UNDER THE SOIL, HOW LONG UNTIL THEY APPEAR AS SPROUTS?

6. #6 not long, a few days maybe a week at the slowest

7. 5 days since plant....

4-5 sprouts have appeared out of 10, at this rate, iwill have 1-2 good female plants so i am hoping the rest of them grow soon.

i think some animals might have found a seed or 2 because the soil semed to be dug up in a few spots, but i dont really know b/c they didnt sem to dig deep enough to find anything.

~~~NEW PICS!!~~~

sorry it was so long but i have been mad busy, i didnt even have time to put picture descriptions, but i will add them asap!

thoughts and suggestions appreciated

8. hopefully this is right...

it rained pretty much all last night and "drizzled" all day... figured i dont need to water them and i save myself a trip into the woods.

I will give you guys an update tommorow, thinking about germinating some more seeds sometime over the next few days.

9. haha get some pics up i wanna c...

how far are they away from you?

10. pics are up if you look in the first post.... i will repaste

http://community.webshots.com/user/igrow4fun

i had time today to throw up some picture descriptions too... they are about, i dunno 1500-1750 feet from my house on some abandoned farm land

11. i hope my babies are ok.... flash flooding in my town, its been raining buckets for the past 2 days!!!!!

(aka i havent watered or checked on them)

12. isnt it a little late to be planting? i guess there could still be small plants...good luck

13. once again i go another day without watering... it rained so hard today it hurt pretty much all day. Flooding all over my state...

is this going to bother my plants?

14. If they are underwater yes it's a problem :D . Too much water and no sunshine aren't the optimum conditions but they should weather the storm.

By the way, very cool idea using the white boards to kill weeds near planting area. Something to try next year when I actually do an outdoor grow. Cheers and look forward to seeing more . . /prays for the rain to stop

Gg

15. yeah, if you really want to get into the whole killing everything around the plants thing... use black boards cause they will draw in alot more heat to kill plants... This is a much better way to kills sorruiding life since its natural... not chemicals and stuff...

Also, I am thinking about working on small outdoor greenhouses to put over each plant until they get to be about a foot tall. (nxt year) I am going to plant them in the middle of no where, where no one goes so it wont be a problem about someone seeing them.

They are going to be about 2 feet by 2 feet wide and a foot and a half tall. Wood framing and right now I'm looking for some type of clear plastic to use. The top will be able to flip open alowing fresh air in and to allow me to water them..

advantages:
    -greenhouse effect in an outdoor grow
    -protect from animals
    -protecting from "weather" and "enviorment"
    -looks pretty sick

disadvantages:
    -Easy to spot (not for me)
    -Can onyl be used for early stages of life (But i really dont conside this a disadvantage b/c by the time the plant is a foot tall, it can survvie on its own)