My 14 year old cousin, starting rapping.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Kripnotic, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Well ive been coming to GC for awhile without a account, but my cousin wanted me to make a account so i could advertise for him.

He just turned 14 in October and hes been rapping for about 3 weeks.

Leave feedback and some advice. Comment rate hate suscribe

Right now, he writes his lyrics and raps them over beats he gets online.

YouTube - Kanaal van KripnoticStart

Thats his youtube channel, Smoking on that purple and Addicted to this paper are his best, and latest, songs as of January 7.

Thanks GC!

2. WHACK AS FUCK LOL

No one else was gunna say it so ill be that guy.

3. Tell him to stop whispering on the mic. And to find new material besides "purple GDP and shit".

4. lol.can do.

5. ^this. and dont sound monotone. sing

6. I don't really think you should be encouraging a 14 year old to smoke. Sorry that rap isn't very rhythmic. Its obvious its a 14 year old, good for such a young age I guess.

7. i didnt encourage him, just so you know. he found a pipe in my room once, and came out and told me he smoked too. so..

8. lol sucks pretty bad haha

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2hVq7qq_yY]YouTube - Kripnotic- Addicted to this Paper[/ame]

he wants to know if that one is any better.

10. Prepare to be flamed in... 3.. 2... 1. ;)

11. he has a $25 mic headset, lol.
    he also wants to know; if its that bad for only 2-3weeks of rapping? like all together

12. it sounds too generic mayne and monotone.

13. The kids 14 give him a break. Tell him if he likes rapping keep doing it, I know some dudes that started rapping around 9th grade and were terrible just sounded awful, now they're pretty awesome and I really enjoy their shit. Like anything else in this world, it takes time and effort to be good.

14. I agree with you. If he has a interest he should keep pursuing it. Eventually he will improove

15. Im not a huge fan of auto tune but in this instance i think its his only hope.
    Also chill on the paper talk, the astronaut juice talk(whatever the fuck that is), and the thug mentality in general. You can rap without talking about doing various illegal things to get money :)

16. lol I think the Op is the 14yo rappin.

17. I mean probably, but whoever the fuck the rapper is, they need some pointers, so this will still help them out.

18. Get a better mic, learn to mix and master, learn to sing with some heart.

19. you might want to try some diff beats. 2 out of the 3 songs have a small guitar melody/fill, and the monotone of your voice doesnt sound good with that. it makes it sound even more monotone. either that or try and putting some soul into your music. rap like you feel it, you know? addicted to this paper sounded a little better because you raised the volume in your voice, and you put some grunge in there. just find your voice, and get some soul in there.