My 1 week plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zatox, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Since I can't afford a real setup, I just place the vase under a lamp. The plant only reached surface last friday, and I think it's growing pretty quick.
    Saturday night: [​IMG]

Sunday morning: [​IMG]

I'm not even sure of what this is. The guy told me it's Sativa, but I've heard that there's no way to tell until the plant starts flowering.

2. psst! if your a heavy smoker you should quit buying weed for a bit and invest in an HPS light:)!! they're not to expensive to buy and run, and if you do everything atleast okay you can get about 4-6 zips with a 400 watt light, which is sooo much better then buying:D!

3. It's nice, but seedlings aren't that difficult to grow. What kind of budget are you working with?

4. that soil looks too wet. does your container have drainage holes? only water when the soil dries out 2 inches deep, 1 inch for now while its still a tiny sprout.
    you can tell the difference between sativa and indica by leaf shape and total flowering time, so no, the beginning of flowering isnt when youll know. sativas have slim leaves and a lighter color, with indicas the leaf blades overlap cuz theyre so fat. the first leaves are always fatter than the later oens though, especially during flowering the new ones get much slimmer... I had some plants last year that looked super indica by leaf shape in veg, but in flwoerign they stretched liek crazy and the leaves got rly slim.

5. It actually does look a bit wet, but I don't think it is. It was under a lamp when I took the pic, and my cam had flash on.
    Thanks for the info!
    Here are some new pics I just took:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]