My 08 Outdoor grows- Take 1 & Take 2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mattc707, Aug 31, 2008.

1. So this rain has got me nervous...we're supposed to get up to 2 inches of rain in the next few days.

Should I be worried?

2. nope, im harvesting saturday and expect it to rain about 2 inches before. youre in pots, practically the rain is just going to flush the nutes out for you. be sure to go shake the buds of the water after it stops, this will prevent rot. is your area dry like mine? or is it usually humid?

3. OK, I feel better now!! Its usually not too bad around here, not very humid. But I duno where abouts in NorCal you're at so I can't say its better or worse.

Thanks!

4. nice harvest what are you going to do with the trimed fan leafs?

5. The fan leaves I don't think I'm doing anything with, the trimmings I'll probably make edibles with, or maybe hash if I buy some BubbleBags.

I cut 3 clones yesterday, so I'm down to just the 3 bagseed now. Maybe 1/4 lb from all 4, but I duno. It was done enough and the rain made me nervous so I went for it.

The Purple Haze is all dried and in jars...I should weigh it. Probably 1 1/2-2 oz or so. Nothing crazy buy a buncha free smoke. I'll let you guys know exactly how much it is.

6. well, since its fairly dry over in sonoma i dont think you will have any trouble with mould or budrot...i think its mainly people in washington or maine that get the worst of that. just wait it out, be sure to be patient. and remember cannabis has survived off of rain for thousands of years....

7. Man these buds are soaked with water like sponges. I really hope they'll be alright. I was able to put 1 under an overhang in my backyard but the other 2 are too big to be there and they'd be easily visible.

8. #88 mattc707, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
    So they dried out alright, but I'm seeing a few dark spots on a couple stems. I can't tell if its the stem turning purple, or if it's something growing. It's not easily removed by fingernail or anything like powdery mildew usually is. I'll get pics up as soon as I get some batteries, should be tomorrow.

Edit: Also, the Purple Haze turned out nice. It was 36.5g of dry manicured bud. It's only been in jars for less than a week and it's already got a great smell, completely lost the green smell, and it's nice and frosty. I'm happy with it :yay: My camera is dead or I'd take some pics. I hadn't smoked any until today, I took a sample snap. I was already stoned but the smoke was smooth and it was stony. :)

9. very nice....

10. So on both plants theres still spots here and there of that 'dark matter'. One plant had a bunch of dirt and stuff splashed up I guess onto its branches and stuff, so I'm thinking maybe this could be dirt/mud or somethin, but its brown/grey and can br scraped away with a knife. Its not a whole lot but I can find it in some nooks and crannys. Mold? :(

11. I would check to see if it's budrot. I have been growing outdoors for years. Whenever there is a rain before harvest I make sure to hang dry the buds and use a fan on them. They need to dry out as quickly as possible. Basically, in the same amount of time it would take a non drenched bud to mostly dry. Probably 3-4 days. Once a bud is picked it needs to be mostly dry in a few days or it will rot.

12. The buds are still on the plant...I wanna let em get a week or so more in before I cut one, then maybe 3 weeks for another 2. I looked over the buds and I didn't see any of what I know to be budrot, just the grey brown hardened muck in a few nodes and stuff.

13. Okay guys, I went and got some batteries for my camera, here's some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the good part :)

Rosie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Barbara
    [​IMG]

Other bagseed
    [​IMG]

All my GDP almost ready to go into a jar. Probably just about 1 oz.
    [​IMG]

I'll take a pic of the Purple Haze sometime in a little bit, too.

Should I be worried about these plants? Is that a kind of mold?

14. i dont know if its mold, but it looks like trichs to me haha
    anyways, someone else will help you out with that, but that GDP looks mighty fine. nice harvest man! you have a lot more on the way :D

15. Holy balls thats a fat plant

16. looking great man.. keep up the good work

17. All the G13. This was before I trimmed it the 2nd time (first time wet, get all big leaves, 2nd time dryish-dry, getting mostly all leaves.)
    [​IMG]

All the Purple Haze
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Nice looking nuggets man! Enjoy the fruits of your labour!.

19. You're right, doesn't look like budrot. That's some very sweet looking buds. Is that an Old Rosie plant? I grew that about 4 seasons ago. That's where my pig got her name. Rosie. We got her as a baby when we had that plant.

20. #100 mattc707, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks Corto Malteze! I sure will enjoy it :bongin:

Haha not Old Rosie strain, was just bigger than the rest so I call it Rosie O'Donnell :) So is that little bit of 'mold'(?) not something I should be really worried about?