My 08 Outdoor grows- Take 1 & Take 2

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mattc707, Aug 31, 2008.

1. #1 mattc707, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
    Take 1
    In early March, I planted 6 clones of various strains, all from a cannabis club, outside in 18 gallon 'RopeTotes'.
    [​IMG]

This turned out to be a mistake as they started flowering almost immediately due to the light cycle outside, them showing sex when I bought them, and me not having them under any lights prior to putting them outside.
    [​IMG]
    This Blue Dream clone is the one in the middle of the 3 on the far row in that pic above, you can see its 2 main branches like in this pic here. It only yielded about 5 grams of dry trimmed bud.
    [​IMG]
    Macro of a nug of that Blue Dream

[​IMG]
    Lavender

[​IMG]
    Lavender macro

[​IMG]
    All trimmed up...I don't think I weighed this, but it couldn't have been any more than 1/4oz or so at most.

[​IMG]
    Blue Madness (Blueberry x Mendo Madness)

[​IMG]
    Coulda gone a little longer

[​IMG]

I ended up harvesting all 6 for a total of maybe 1 1/2 oz at most once it was all dried...nothing too special.

Take 2
    Early April I sprouted a buncha bagseed, about 15 seeds or so, not planning on keeping them all although I shoulda.

[​IMG]
    This was April 12
    This plant I named Barbara Walters. Clear bag is no good, I know, but I wasn't thinkin, but I realized and I never let em get too rooted in those bags before I transplanted em.

[​IMG]
    This is May 1.

Out of all these, I took 3 I wanted to keep. I've read here on GC that female plants tend to grow a little slower, so I killed off all the bigger stretched out ones and kept the 3 nicest ones.
    The plants from seed never got anything other than hose water for the first few months, probably up until late July. I neglected em.
    I stopped taking pics of the seedlings for a while, but I got back to it a while later.

Here we are at July 17. I planted 2 of the 3 into the RopeTotes from the first early midget grow.
    [​IMG]
    We'll call this one Rosie O'Donnel. She was always a little more stout than the rest.

[​IMG]
    Here's Barbara Walters, doin okay, hungry, movin slow.

[​IMG]
    The 3rd, unnamed seed plant.

A few days later some new girls came to hang out...
    5 new clones from the club. It was a little late to be starting but I didn't have high expectations for the seeds and wanted somethin happenin.
    Outta these a 2 were mine and I let a friend grow 2 here too, and we had one we were splitting.
    [​IMG]
    You can see the 3 seed plants on the right. Rosie really took off in the last few days. The G13 in the red cup was waiting for a little more soil for that black pot next to it before she could go in.

The strains of the 5 clones: 2 GrandDaddyPurple, one Purple Haze, one Blue Dream, one G13.
    They didn't have much time to veg, they flowered pretty quick, some sooner than others.

Fast forward to now. August 30 (yesterday)
    [​IMG]
    All 8
    [​IMG]
    Rosie O'Donnel got quite big, and she turned out to be female. She's probably about 5'7" or so.

[​IMG]
    Barbara Walters turned out to be a nice sexy sativa female, 5'-somethin.

[​IMG]
    The 3rd unnamed seed plant. Also turned out female.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Purple Haze- Best clone out of all 5, shes probably almost 5 ft tall, which is better than most of the other clones that flowered pretty quick and didn't get much chance to get bigger.

[​IMG]
    G13 covered in nice nickel sized snow white buds

[​IMG]
    Blue Dream (first to flower) Smells incredible

[​IMG]
    Better 1 of the 2 GDP clones, lots of great smelling frosty buds

[​IMG]
    GDP clone #2

This was all using Fox Farm Grow Big and Big Bloom on the first 'take' and Grow Big and Tiger Bloom on the second take, both grows in 'SuperSoil'

I'm pretty proud, too. My jedi female choosing skills worked this time as the 3 seedlings I kept turned out female. :D

2. quite the story there, how much fert did you have to buy to fill all those buckets

3. You're going to be a happy,happy man.

4. I'm hopin so. Thanks man :D :smoking:

5. i have 6 plants going that are bagseed but are fosting up nicely.....1 is about 5 foot tall like ur big one and the other 5 are about 2-3 feet tall like ur littler ones...............how much longer do u think u have on them and how much bud to u expect from the little ones?.........these answers will help me alot cause i weirdly have about the same situation as u haha

6. Your grow looks real good man. I will be watching this as well.

I can't wait till my plant's are done :)

7. Mas fotos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Big Momma Rosie O'Donnell

[​IMG]
    Young buds on Rosie

[​IMG]
    Purple Haze

[​IMG]
    GDP flowers

8. i usually don't comment on threads...but i must say, i'm impressed.

great job man. i really enjoyed this thread.

9. Thank you very much, that really means a lot. :)

10. hey matt i also planted some seeds in april and i have 2 right now one big one about 3 feet tall and one half the size

they are both flowering prety well the buds are still kind of skinny but are getting nice red hairs in them but my question to you is when should i harvest? i know that you can look at them in a microscope to tell if they are ready but currently i dont have one

when do you plan on chopping your plants

11. #12 mattc707, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
    Its just a personal thing on when you like to chop your plants...Other than going by looking at the trichomes under magnification, you can go by the percentage of orange/red hairs, but its not as reliable. Search around a bit, theres a bunch of threads that help explain when to harvest.

I don't really know when I'm going to harvest, it'll probably just be each plant as its ready. Still at least a month or so away though.

12. [​IMG]
    Rosie is just as tall as I am (5'10"ish)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Purple Haze buds developing nicely

13. ^beautiful....

14. More pics from this morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Barbara Walters on the right, 3rd seedling on the left. Both these plants are from seed put in soil on April 8. Same with big Momma Rosie O'Donnell.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    G13

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of 2 GDP. This one is a little bigger than the other but not a whole lot.

[​IMG]
    Purple Haze

[​IMG]

Whatya guys think? I'm excited :)

15. Those plants are a fuckin' beauty man! Let us know how much all of those yield! Happy Tokin! I wish i had a place to grow..

16. Thanks man :D
    I will definitely keep GC posted on the rest of the grow process, the harvest, and of course smokin it :bongin:

17. #18 mattc707, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Barbara Walters sativa bagseed

[​IMG]
    Purple Haze in the middle, Rosie on the left, GDP top pokin in

Picked up some Fox Farms 'Open Sesame' yesterday, it had MUCH higher percentages of P and K than the Tiger Bloom. Hopefully it'll help all these buds fill out.
    I'm kinda worried since its already gettin into September, but I am in Northern Cali so I shouldn't have much to be worried about other than rain.

18. just curious....which plant or two are the most excited to try out?

19. #20 mattc707, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
    Pretty much all of it...
    I'm excited to harvest that big one...I'm not sure on how much it'll be but it should be quite a bit. Same with the other 2nd biggest seed plant.

The clones are farther into flowering and have a really nice smell, but they won't yield much, so I'm less excited for those. And only 2 1/2 of the clones are mine so it really won't be a whole lot. One GDP, one Purple Haze :D, and half the G13. My buddy bought the clones and has been helpin out with costs, mainly ferts.