MV light Q

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Grow4fun46, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Hey GC, I have a question! :) I have 2 MV lights I would like to use as grow lights, since I'm broke and can't pay for HPS or MH. My question is; could i just buy a casing like they use for yard lights and such, then go from there? Or would that be a no go? Thanks!

2. Got a link for an MV light...?
    Broke...?
    Use $10.00 shop lights from best buy etc etc 4' long hang in a closet, for one month then outside

3. Hes referring to a Mercury Vapor light I believe. Those make bad grow lights they do not produce the proper spectrum but they do provide some in the blue which you could use in Veg but as a Flowering light probably would not work.

Mecury Vapor lights used to be used in street lights, stadiums but there wildly inefficient, and generate tons of heat.

If you cant afford a HPS light go CFL. If you cant afford CFL bulbs from Lowes or Home Depot then you should probably reconsider growing as there very cheap.

4. Yeah MV?...sorry Rhaps ...my bad !!

5. Yeah, I knew they were off by a lot, as they aren't very blue for veg, nor red for flower. I'm doing a Cfl grow right now, just wanted to know if MV would help at all. And I know they get really hot! But thanks for the input!