Mutant Head of Lettuce

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Father Jack, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Iv'e had this Granddaddy Purple vegging from seed for 5+ weeks now. It got a real crappy start, and when I tell you that this thing is dense with foliage I mean that I can't even find the stem. It's like a small head of lettuce on a stick. Pics included, but don't even do justice to just how thick this thing is. Since replanting last week it has finally started to show some vitality and begin to grow vertically just a tiny bit. Think I can expect this to be viable grow(assuming it's fem)?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Bushy isn't bad at all, just means you're getting good light. You want more height? Raise the light's height or lower the intensity (amount of light, with a dimming ballast) . Bushy is good, you're gonna get one fat bud if you get al ight that can penetrate all those leaves'

well what is your light?

3. Great, thank you.
    It's got 192W of 2600k cfl wrapped around it.

4. Yeah it'll be fine. I had a Super Skunk plant that I topped and looked similar to yours on only one side. It had a bunch of leaves growing from the same spot, and the stem looked like 2 different stems fused together.

5. Might want to trim some if that big stuff out. No penetration like that.

6. Thats what she said.